Celebrity Deaths 2017

Doesn’t matter. See Phar Lap, Crowded House, Good Russell Crowe, pavlova etc.

1 Like

I’ve heard there are some issues and they’ll need to remove the front row of seats.

2 Likes

This guy is as close to irreplaceable as it gets.

1 Like

I’ve spent quite a bit of time with John over the years. Top bloke. Very sad that he’s gone.

1 Like

This one is a shock. Agree with everything posted.

The Games was one of the sharpest, funniest, most incisive series ever put to air, and I would think almost timeless for anyone who wants to look it up for a watch.

Bugger. Sad day.

1 Like

Uh yeah g’day… and goodbye.

Errr, no. He was born in New Zealand, a suburb of Sydney.

4 Likes

The actual games were a disappointment in comparison.

4 Likes

Very sad loss of a rare talent & top bloke.

I first heard him as Fred Dagg doing topical monologues around midday on 2jj in the late seventies. My lp copy of the Fred Dagg tapes will be on the turntable tonight. A few samples below but another I remember was a politician explaining why his father’s signature had become “a little bit wobbly” after death (Ian Sinclair had a similar problem).

3 Likes
1 Like

We didn’t realize how propitious were the circumstances.

I love this bit so much.

2 Likes

Sadly that clip cuts off before the best bit, regarding removing the "front” [three] row[s] of the stand to fix the problem.

That’s a different scene, according to the script: http://mrjohnclarke.com/media/the-games-script-s01e04-100-metre-track

In my defence I only watched the first two episodes last night. That scene is in the fourth episode.

1 Like

Murray ball the creator of footrot flats passed. I used to read footrot flats all the time as a kid. RIP

Edit: he died a month ago. The Age has him in their Obituary today. What a shitrag paper

Obituaries of well-known people are usually a month or more later. they don’t have them written out in advance, unless it’s pretty obvious the person is about to cark it.

Saw a movie once where the main character was an obituary writer. Scene after scene of him updating the “ready to go” files so he could be first to publish.

Can’t remember any other details.

Cool story bro.