Celebrity Deaths 2018

And for the Barcelona and other duets with Freddie Mercury.

1 Like

Tony Joe White, AKA the ‘Swamp King’.

Damn smooth country-bluesman. RIP

2 Likes

Fairly good innings, but still a real bummer.

Gave this a fair work out in the 90’s.

1 Like

Conductor Richard Gill at 76.

I think I remember him as conductor on the Number 12 tram.

He loved using rubbers old Bob

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/former-afl-star-colin-sylvia-killed-in-car-accident-in-mildura/news-story/c9ec7792561e77626bef1b40121ce00d

He was only 32 years old.

RIP

:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

VALE DR. IAN DAVIS

A message from FightMND Chairman, Mr Bill Guest
On behalf of the Board of FightMND, it is with immense sadness that I advise the passing of our Foundation’s co-founder and inaugural Chairman, Dr. Ian Davis, from Motor Neurone Disease on Thursday, November 1.

In 2011, at the age of 33, Ian was diagnosed with MND and dedicated his time since his diagnosis to growing greater awareness of the disease and fundraising critical dollars to commit to research and drug development to find a cure.

Ian played a pivotal role in the establishment of FightMND in 2014 following his retirement as a medical doctor due to his ailing health. He served as Chairman of the Foundation for three years while also chairing the FightMND Cure subcommittee until July this year.

His medical background and experience enabled him to provide the Foundation with significant knowledge and expertise in the medical science environment, achieving positive progress and development in the quest to find a suitable treatment and cure for MND.

Since inception, Ian’s tireless work, passion and commitment to finding a cure for MND has impacted and inspired people affected by MND worldwide.

Among his many achievements was the creation of the inaugural Australasian Motor Neurone Disease Symposium in March 2018, attracting over 400 delegates from around the world, who all assembled with the joint intent to create a world free from MND.

Ian’s dedication to the fight against MND continued until his final days ensuring in his absence the same rigour will be applied to the pursuit of the most promising research.

The legacy Ian leaves behind will be profound and all the people affected by MND, be they patients, families, carers and researchers, have a great deal to thank Ian for.

Ian is survived by his wife Mel and son Archie and we extend our love and support to them and Ian’s extended family, friends and colleagues at this sad time.

Yours sincerely,

Bill Guest

Chairman, FightMND

8 Likes

Sad to hear about the death of Ted Mack today. A truly honourable politician who placed his constituents above himself. Quite possibly the most honest politician we have ever had.

2 Likes

News out that Stan Lee of Marvel comics fame has died aged 95. Stan had a massive impact on popular culture around the world with his Avengers franchise.

2 Likes

Gave every kid a chance to live a hero’s life, even if just for a minute.

2 Likes

Also, the voice of HAL 9000 sang Daisy yesterday.

2 Likes

Marvel Stadium roof half open.

5 Likes

RIP Stan :frowning:

Sad. Always a highlight in every marvel film for dingus jr. to spot his cameos.

3 Likes

The most successful actor of all time.
Allegedly.

Vale Stanley.

I’m going to sign my own death sentence here but his cameos gave me the ■■■■■.

RIP big head.

Yeah I hated his cameos too

Talk about leaving a huge legacy though. To think of the superheroes that he came up with is just insane

You “people” have no soul.

2 Likes