Celebrity Deaths 2019

Just FYI, … I think you just mean a “Bagging” there Bakes.

Carpet bagging means a whole other thing altogether.

To wit:

Carpet - bagging refers to outsiders moving in to an area to take advantage of a situation which they believe will yield them gain of some nature.

2 Likes

Lol. There’s a bit of carpet-baggin’ in all of us.

Quite right - bagging or carpeting was indeed what I meant… or s h i t-canning if you prefer… :grinning:

Yep, … I remember reading them, … and ShitCanning is the most apt & exact term.

There’s no mistaking that ones meaning, … :wink:

1 Like

I know this thread is to talk about celebrities but just heard MAD magazine has been shut down. RIP!

3 Likes

I don’t really listen to RRR much these days but I do recall enjoying Skull Cave (and Kinky Afro) the most. RIP The Ghost

Bugger! I chucked out old copies years ago, with the foldable back pages for cheap laughs intact, and now they’re probably worth bucks to collectors.

1 Like

I’ve still got piles of them luckily.

But I always did the back page fold.

I actually feel sorry for Tomic. He’s probably the poster boy for everything that could possibly go wrong when you have overly pushy parents who turn their kids life into vapidly pursuing a particular path for financial gain.

It seems he’s finally completely fallen out of love with the game and the system and just resents it, but he knows nothing else and he knows that it is a means of financial security for him, he seems trapped more than anything.

Hes got a ■■■■ poor attitude but I can’t help but pity him.

Appropriate to post this here. His tennis career is dead

5 Likes

Haha didn’t even realise!

Edit: Apologies, I thought Vinny had passed but sadly it was his wife. rip

Ross “It’s just that simple” Perot died, at 89. Going by the current model, if Perot had insulted and bullied everyone near and far and wasn’t so plain in '92, he may have been the 42nd President of the USA.

Goes into eternity leaving behind a lot of loot.

1 Like

Wasn’t there a line about the circus train crashing and the elephant was so badly disfigured that all that was left was the ears and the ■■■■■■■■. They put them together and made Ross Perot.

and RIP Rip Torn

1 Like

Now THAT’S acting.

Warning: Contains some violence and offensive language

Pernell ‘Sweet Pea’ Whitaker has died after being struck by a car, aged 55. Arguably the best defensive fighter of all time, he was an Olympic gold medallist and 4x weight champion. A genuine star who should have received more attention.

1 Like

Well, I’ve never heard of him, but then I take no interest in any form of martial arts.

1 Like

Sweet Pea was ace. The true art of boxing is not getting hit. Whitaker and later F Mayweather Jnr are masters at it. For those interested, google Julio Caesar Charvez V Whitaker and you’ll see a) one of the greatest displays of boxing ever and b) the greatest robbery boxing has ever seen.