Celebrity deaths 2021

Was the answer no?

A little more respect please, she has an OAM.

ā€œIn the 2020 Queenā€™s Birthday Honours Goldsmith was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) for ā€œservice to the community, and to the performing artsā€ā€

Do recipients of them throw casual reminders out, like Ph.Dā€™s do?
e.g. "Iā€™ll have you know Iā€™m Tottie Goldsmithā€¦ OAM!"

1 Like

Hey
Goldsmith was THE celebrity nightclub owner in Melbourne in the 80ā€™s.
Many a good night and early morning was had at the Undergroundā€¦

3 Likes

RIP Goldy

Still think we need to tighten up on the criteria.

Or hope that very famous people die more frequently so we can post about them instead.

I had her picture on the inside of my locker at High School

Despite what James Bond says, you only die once.

1 Like

Hence why I didnā€™t post anything 6 weeks ago when Daria Nicolodi died, & I sat next to her in a restaurant in Florence 10 years ago - didnā€™t think she qualified except to film nerds like me

2 Likes

l have heard of her using that line more than once.

Everyone qualifies.

Apparently so

She definitely qualifies. Iā€™m a huge Argento fan.

I loved her in Deep Red and also Tenebrae.

2 Likes

Been a bad couple of years for her daughter Asia, first Anthony Bourdain & now her mum.

BTW, she was a really nice lady to meet, very humble about her achievements - being a smoker might have shortened her life just quietly

1 Like

If I had of seen her I probably film geeked as well and introduced myself.

I suspect she would be very famous in italy and especially being married to Dario.

Florence is an incredible city as well.

I had an Australian cricketer do that to me in an early shitkicker job. ā€œMate, do you know who I amā€?

I couldnā€™t resist paging the shop floor and requesting assistance for the gentleman who had forgotten his own identity.

22 Likes

Siegfried just passed away - not tiger related

Tottie is a funny name.

Thought her best performance was as Richard Wilkinā€™s girlfriend for a bit there in the 90ā€™s.

1 Like

Siegfried and Roy were Las Vegas royalty, although relatively unknown here. I saw them in Vegas back in the 80s. Magic is not my thing at all but, boy, the illusions they created with those magnificent tigers was amazing.