Celebrity deaths 2021

if he did i hope he left a book, one amazing story

1 Like

I really hope that the DB in DB Cooper stood for ā€˜Desert Bootsā€™.

1 Like
2 Likes

At that age, he was oh so close to actually being alive at the same time as the original. Good innings.

Itā€™s always a little disquieting when someone born the same year you were passes and they flash it up on the screen.

I guess the older I get, the more used to it Iā€™ll become.

it is even worse when you start reading the death notices. Thankfully i havenā€™t started doing this yet.

Iā€™m guessing, this time, those rumours of his death are not an exaggeration.

5 Likes

The internet has saved me from even contemplating doing thatā€¦I knew it had benefits apart from Blitz :wink:

God bless you Tom .

16 Likes

A true hero and a special person. May he RIP and may his name live on in peoples hearts.

3 Likes

Captain Tom was a hero, to the last.

3 Likes

Legendary actor. RIP.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a big one. Great actor.

Amazing that he hated the movie and role that made him famous and defined his career for about 4 years - he only changed his mind on it about 15 years ago. He was always publicly quoted as disliking it but changed his mind in the early 2000s, and described it as a ā€œterrific movieā€ (which it is)

Thought he was fantastic in Sound of Music.

1 Like

Very good actor, none more so than in The Fall of the Roman Empire.
As for Sound of Music, l have never seen it, and l never will.

Why? Itā€™s iconic.

Itā€™s like playing Monopoly or something - I didnā€™t know it was even possible to go through your life without seeing the Sound of Music at some point

3 Likes

startrek6-chang

RIP General Chang. To be, or not to be.

I swear Christopher Plummer from about 2005-2015, was ā€˜the old guyā€™ in single every film.

And if it wasnā€™t him, it was Michael Caine.

1 Like

Unless the role called for an ā€œold black guyā€ (Morgan Freeman)

5 Likes

Looks like CJ is the exception to the rule

1 Like