Celebrity Deaths 2022

Not really that fair. He never made stories for football reasons.

And how many clowns will say theyโ€™ve never ever heard of a player who plays regularly for an interstate team.

2 Likes

Gary Waldhorn actually performed in Melbourne. He played opposite Richard Todd at the Comedy Theatre in Harry M Millerโ€™s production of โ€œSleuthโ€.

1 Like

Oh No!!! Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes gone at 78 What a voice!

4 Likes

A big personality, a big voice, and a lasting legacy.
Too soon.

I also love that the Rolling Stones were the Ronettes support act.

3 Likes

If it wasnโ€™t for her, (and Philโ€™s wall of sound production) Jim Steinman wouldnโ€™t have had a career.
Apparently adored by Brian Wilson as well.
Sad loss of a pretty influential artist.

1 Like

Olympic medalist Deon Lendore dies aged 29 (nine.com.au)

Deon Lendore, an Olympic and world championship medallist from Trinidad and Tobago, died in a car accident in Texas on Monday. He was 29.

According to Texas A&M University, for whom Lendore had worked as a volunteer assistant coach over the past two seasons, the sprinter was returning home from practice when he was involved in an automobile accident.

First time Iโ€™d heard of him.
Sadly.

Love this show - still do. A good โ€˜go toโ€™ for a laugh. Very sad that thereโ€™s so few of them left.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Scoty Palmer gone? Wow, passing of an icon.

2 Likes

Thatโ€™s sad. Was listening to a This Is Your Life style podcast about him recently.

He was a very powerful football media person in his day.

Iโ€™m kind of surprised he was still alive, but was massive back in the day.

Keep punching indeed.

1 Like

I nearly choked when I came across this on tapes I was digitising.

OK, I left out the next sentence where he went on to say Koutafides had provided the Wayne Carey-like performance, rather then Wayne Cary performing the attempted glassing.

2 Likes

He would have been around 84ish I believe.

1 Like

Thereโ€™s a few ladies around Melbourne too who allegedly know โ€œwhat itโ€™s like to be on the receiving end of a Wayne Carey performanceโ€โ€ฆ

Scotty Palmer was a dead set legend, the last of the decent football journalists who stuck to the on field stories. Loved when they cut to him at half time in games and during the replay shows.

6 Likes

Or was he the first to get into off field stories?

I doubt he lived a healthy lifestyle, being a footy journo in that era, so 84 might be a couple under par.

He always came across as very likeable.

R.I.P. Scotty "keep on punchingโ€™ Palmer

5 Likes

Yep
Palmers Punchlines during the footy reply on a Sat nite were always a treat.
Came across as what you would expect to see as a sports reporter character in a film.
Couldโ€™ve been played by Jack Klugman.

He drank, smoked and hung around the clubs.
Wonโ€™t really see his type any more. Robos the closest, and he doesnโ€™t one across nearly as articulate

6 Likes