Celebrity Deaths 2022

And an ex Pope squeezes into 2022:

Hitler Youth loses another ex-member.

7 Likes

Geez, people are making a late run for the pearly gates this year

1 Like

Ah, those fun hours where the thread you end up in depends on your location on Earth.

1 Like

Sad that Norm MacDonald didn’t live to see the day.

3 Likes

2022 or 2023?

2 Likes

Wiki says 31Dec

1 Like

Only one original Pointer left, out of four.

I am familiar with the band, but was never specifically into them to a level where I knew the individual members. However sadly we have another 2022 entry - Jeremiah Green of Modest Mouse.

Edit: taking Wikipedia as a primary source here for the date, 31 Dec 2022.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Celebrity Deaths 2023

didn’t realise Basia Bonkowski died in 2022; best music TV host ever

4 Likes

Gee, that one slipped by me as well. Used to love watching Rock Around The World.

I’ve still got the 7" single of this ripping Painters And Dockers’ tribute to Basia.

1 Like

Ken Block, the founder of DC shoes, co-founder monster enrgy and Top gear USA host died 3 days ago whilst on a snowmobile

1 Like

Oh wow, I missed this news. I’m a big fan. Interestingly he’d quit drumming for them temporarily, and the only release he was never on was their breakthrough album with “Float On” on it.

Probably not a celebrity as such, but Joan Sydney (aka Matron Sloan in A Country Practice) has passed.

That character scared me as a kid. You could imagine her pulling out the wooden ruler and putting ten of the best across the palm of your hand…

5 Likes

She passed on December 28th and her wiki page has been showing that for a week but today was the first day I’d seen anything reported by the media. Thought she played her roles well but it brings back painful memories of being subjected to watching ACP by my mother as a child :rofl:

1 Like