Champions League 2018/19

Dortmund were on top first half, but Son’s goal really changed the mindset of both teams.

Lol. A bit premature I think.

Although looking at that performance, when they were sans Neymar et al, there’s clearly a fair bit of work to do with the young blokes yet.

Give Gunnar a few years with them & then we’ll see if we need to resign to settling in for some sufferance.

lol Arsenal concede in the final minute of the first half to Bate

1-0

Funny tweet I saw posted on Facebook and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it - “Arsenal can’t even master Bate on Valentines day”.

7 Likes

That was a terrible result for Arsenal, did anyone see that coming? I sure didn’t. :frowning:

C’mon, that’s classic Arsenal.

Toothless in the final third as usual.

To Bate’s credit they sat very deep and compact and allowed Arsenal no space to work in though.

Which is our kryptonite unfortunately.

I did not think we would lose to the powerhouse that is Bate Borisov.

1 Like

Yeah, at the start of the presentation they compared the squad values :grinning:

550 mil v 10mil

Cant see Bate being that small value but obviously there would be a huge gap in value

I’m not surprised, the Europa League throws up some random results. A team like Arsenal, that have struggled of late going out to Belarus, probably had to catch multiple flights to get out there. I didn’t see the game but it wouldn’t surprise me if the pitch was in poor condition. Did they put out a full-strength team? Really Arsenal should do the business at The Emirates in the 2nd leg…

BATE would absolutely be that small.
Fantastic result for them but I think Arsenal might crush them at the Emirates

1 Like

The pitch was in horrible condition. Very patchy.

Wouldn’t surprise we smash them at home either. We still play well there.

Should have put it to bed this morning though rather than invite pressure.

1 Like

This is what will happen in the second leg.

Arsenal will start Ozil and win 3-0. He’ll get two assists and a goal - then every will be on Emery as to why he doesn’t play him.

Ozil will then play against Spurs and will be completely invisible.

1 Like

You forgot to add that when Ozil is completely invisible against Spurs he will be held accountable for the team losing.

2 Likes

Scoreless in the 1st Leg between Liverpool and Bayern Munich at Anfield. Had enough decent chances to get a goal, but overall very happy we kept a clean sheet given we had a makeshift CB partnership between Matip and Fabinho with VVD suspended and Lovren and Gomez injured. All to play for at the Allianz Arena!

1 Like

Both games finished 0-0 this morning. Liverpool v Bayern was a pretty good spectacle with Liverpool just shading the contest for mine. I don’t see Bayern holding them scoreless over two legs so give Liverpool a good chance of going through. Barca absolutely belted Lyon but couldn’t find the back of the net. Was 25 shots to 5 and Lyon were at home!
Would fully expect Barca to make thempay in the return leg

1 Like

We can’t score atm - we’ll have to hope for a 0-0 all draw and win by penalties. Have not won a CL game away this season - does not bode well at all for Liverpool.

Had to be handball. Anything else would have been cheating.

Schalke have taken lead 2-1

Even VAR is helpless against the dark arts of Italian defending :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: