Changes for Roos

I was very impressed with Bird’s fast hands, he’s one of those players that you’re happy to see not kick the ball too often. Obviously if he lifts his time on ground amount he’ll rack up more possession and have a greater impact. I think this is a good reason to keep him in the team to see what he can do once he settles and needs less rest.

On Myers, I had a look at the stats at half time and he was at 52% time on ground. Very low. But then he pushed it up as the game went on. Once he gets back up to 80% time on ground he’ll be producing big numbers stat wise.

We just need to be careful not to have too many plodders in the team at once

In: Jobe
Out: Someone who needs to be refreshed.

LAV

1 Like

out - anyone

IN - Langford

All of Myers, Jobe and Dys keep us a bit slower
than where our natural game seems to be. Bird coming in and getting to good spots to compliment our speed worked. If Jobe comes in one of those guys needs a spell. Particularly against the dogs.

Not sure about Lav coming in for Green if he’s not right. Begley would be a better swap. Let Lav build some games and challenge for the third tall role.

Everything else is no change. Nice to see Trav and Marty hitting some good form now.

Ideally i’d like us to go in un-changed but it seems like Jobe will be straight back in.

Is this talk of Green being injured legit? If so you would have to play LaVerde

In: Watson, LaVerde

Out: Myers, Green

If Green is ok then just Watson for Myers

North is filled with kids and VFL players, bring LAV in.

What the hoof

5 Likes

Out: Goddard(rested), Greene

In : Watson, Lav

We’ve given Kelly and Watson rests but not Goddard, give him a week off. Gives bird one more game to see how he fits.

If not lav then big boi.

2 Likes

Need to keep Bird in to do a job on Cunnington who’s one of the best inside mids around. Treat the opposition seriously and pay respect where it’s due or we’ll end up with Brisbane v2.0

18 Likes

It was great watching LAV dominate in the 2s, but the opposition was not great today. I think selectors will want him to back it up again next week. A repeat performance will be very hard to not reward. He looked too good to be playing VFL.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Heppell is rested. Guy McKenna basically said on Triple M that they’d be resting some of the returning players over the next 6 weeks to help them get through the rest of the season

2 Likes

Wouldn’t drop Myers. Just getting into some really good form.
Jobe comes in.
If Bird stays in then someone gets rested. Heppell probably. He actually looks tired.
If you want to rest Tippa which I don’t think he needs, you’d bring in a small forward. Maybe Jerrett.
If Green is injured then you’d bring in a small/medium forward. Is he medium?

Wouldn’t bring laverde in yet, he has been out too long. I’d give him another week or two in the VFL.
I’d give Langford a bit longer as well. He hasn’t adjusted that well in the past to the pace of the AFL.

If you want to freshen up Stewart and let him get his confidence back put him to VFL and bring in Begley.
I wouldn’t do that because I think Stewart is playing well but it’s an option for all those who are desperate for Begley.

Max two of those changes at once, preferably one only. Don’t want to upset the balance that seems to be working in the past two weeks.

Don’t understand the Begley thing at all.

3 Likes

Watson for Bird, makes sense.

Me neither. But I have seen very few of the VFL players. But I do get sick of hearing about him. And Laverde. And Langford who although I think looks good has so far been quite underwhelming each time he has come in.

Yet people want to drop Myers and Watson.

1 Like

Freshen up Stewart and let him get confidence back in the VFL?
Just played his best game for the club and getting better each week. Is super important to our structure and isn’t going anywhere

10 Likes

Exactly. It’s Green that should make way. I like Josh as a player, but J.Laverde brings some serious quality to the forward setup

2 Likes

Laverde looked a class above today but he’s not ready yet. Begley and Francis nowhere near it for mine. Changes for changes sake is just dumb especially when we’re just starting to settle.

It’s a very nice problem to have. And there’s still Ambrose to come.

2 Likes

Stewart needs confidence “Back”??

Thought he just started to really find it myself.

1 Like