Changes for Roos

5 of our last 6 at Jihad. History shows it takes a huge toll on players bodies. He will need a rest at some stage just a matter of when

I think this is the way theyā€™ll go. Rest 1 guy a week until the Adelaide game.

1 Like

8 Likes

LOL

How about after playing in the Grand Final? They can all have a rest!

All clubs rest players now, just part of the games evolution

Green and Stewart are important for structure. Iā€™d keep both of them in, the forward line is working, dont mess with it.

1 Like

Iā€™m all for rests, but letā€™s string 3 wins in a row together for the first time this season then rest them.

1 Like

I think he really needs it. Was making fatigue errors for most of the game. And didnā€™t seen up to Pace especially in our defensive half.

Canā€™t rest them all at the same time. BJ also needs a break soon and Hep looked pretty fatigued out there. Iā€™d say 1 of them misses this week and 1 next week

2 Likes

I agreeā€¦ I think the same. But I doubt he will be rested.

Letā€™s win the next 3, do a Ross Lyon and rest everyone against Adelaide and then win the next 6.

Good point. Apart from Mullet, their backline are all 190cm-ish and over. And even Mullet has about 13cm on our smallest (Tippa).

As much as Iā€™d like to see Laverde playing in the seniors where he belongs, and someone will have to make way for him soon, I think for this game at least we might be better off sticking with Green.

With Tippa, Green and Fanta buzzing around, against Mullett, McDonald and Hibberd, if the ball gets anywhere near the ground, theyā€™re ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

If you kick 6 in the reserves and the guy youā€™re replacing has kicked 4 in 4 weeks (green). Itā€™s a no brainer.

IN:LAV

1 Like

Itā€™s still a brainer, considering a Green replacement role would be completely different to his reserves role where he kicked 6. Plus, thereā€™s the quality of opposition thing as well.

1 Like

But if we can just do away with the Green role, and have Laverde emulate the Tom Lynch (Adelaide) role, then we might be back to no-braining.

Dunno.

Not buying it.

Out - ANYONE

IN : Langford.

I love the opposite of ā€œno brainerā€ being ā€œbrainerā€

Brainer: A decision that requires careful thought.

1 Like