Changes for Roos

Like I need to give this an answer.

1 Like

Jarrett had an opportunity last year to cement his spot and did nothing.

1 Like

Jerret also looks bigger this year and with that I reckon heā€™s gained more confidence.
Would slot straight into our style of play.

4 Likes

I didnt say never change it, the forward line is functioning better than it has in about a decade, the modfield is very hit and miss so thats the area that needs tweaking

The forward structure is excellent at the moment, if we were discussing swapping Green for someone who plays the same role better iā€™d be all for it because that would maintain the structure but we would be essentially going from 3 tall 3 small to 3 tall 2 small 1 medium-tall
Greens job is to put on pressure, harrass, create movement and chip in 1-2 goals he is doing exactly that

The questions on Green seem fair but Iā€™m just not sure the issue is with him kicking goals. Did his man play off him and get plenty of the ball? Was he in spots he shouldnā€™t have been? Did he crowd the forward line when we were trying to isolate players etcā€¦

We need more than just ā€˜he kicked goals in VFLā€™ at the moment. If Lav or BBB know the drill and can do the same, we have a case for turning them over.

3 Likes

Not saying itā€™s a no-brainer the other way (Green must stay in), just that itā€™s not no-brainer either for Laverde to replace him. Itā€™s a brainer! If he kicked 2 or 3 sneaky crumbing type goals, then he did about as well as Green did in that regard this week, against much softer competition.

To extend the Green role to take advantage of Laverdeā€™s broader skillset, would require a restructure of the forward line, or theyā€™ll just be getting in each otherā€™s way. This might be the way to go, I donā€™t know, I think itā€™ll require some braining. I definitely rate Laverde much higher than Green, and think Green has to be the obvious one to make way for him. Laverde is that rare kind of player who can play multiple roles, all on the same day. We have to get him into the team somehow soon.

Iā€™d give Lav another week in the VFL, see if he can bag 10.

If Green was to miss though, I wouldnā€™t hesitate to bring Lav in. I reckon our forward line could adapt to having more class in it.

5 Likes

Iā€™d bring Watson in for Goddard (rest) and if green doesnā€™t getup either Begely or Lav. Only because Begely has had long term form, whilst Lav still probably need a week for fitness.

Lav kicks another bag and we may have no choice a week later.

1 Like

Laverde translates to green

8 Likes

Die, Verde, die.

1 Like

Lav was good but the opposition was bushleague, he needs a run through the guts (heā€™s a HFF not a full forward) before heā€™s even on the conversation. No chance.

Watson will be back, and I suspect one of BJ or Help will be rested.

Is 1 week rest enough for Jobe? Was mentioned a couple of times that his data had showed that a injury was very possible due to fatigue. Maybe he will have a light week on the track and see how he feels

In Spanish

Nobody who talks Verde could be a bad man

4 Likes

They only had a bye a few weeks ago ffs

It would be hard to exclude anyone from this weeks side on the basis of form. The team that played the Saints had clear winners across the board. I thought Bird had a good game and dropping him would be a shame. It could be that they will take the opportunity to ā€œManage the workloadā€ of others after successive 6 day breaks.

It seems to me that the team is pretty fixed now. There hasnā€™t been a lot of change other than what has been forced on them. Stuartā€™s inclusion seems to have seen the personnel for the forward line settled. The coaching panel also seems keen to continue with Myers. Given the way he has been taking his shots on goal this year I believe he is being encouraged to take the opportunity. If he could could increase his accuracy he will be keeping opposition midfielders very honest.

This week is a repeat of the Brisbane round. This is a game they SHOULD win. But they have to bring the intensity that have been bringing to games against top teams. To be honest, I donā€™t believe they gave the Lions the proper respect and they paid the penalty for it. North will be out to hunt Essendon, not the other way around. I loved the forward 50 pressure they put on the Saints and hopefully they can repeat that. T Bell has been great over the last two weeks and the midfield has been the better for it.

In short they have to win at least 4 of the next 6 games to have ANY chance to make the finals.

2 Likes

Hepp was pretty flat. Canā€™t see him having a rest though.

Gees, mate. What the Hell do you think youā€™re doing?

Given heā€™s young, do you think the 7 day break would be good enough for him?

If we do we will absolutely destroy them. Iā€™m hoping the team has learnt their lesson from the lions a few weeks back. God that loss was just unforgivable, itā€™s likely going to cost us either top 8 or top 4