Changes v Eagles - Friday night game @ 8.40pm

With the eagles coming together finally this is a real ding dong 8 point battle for 17th.

As a result we should keep Hepp in with one hand and reward Cutler and Ham with more Centre bounces.

If we really must play Stringer I think he looks good at centre half back in McGraths role.

I’d consider resting 2MP and playing franga.

13 Likes

No he doesn’t.

Cutler is a good VFL player and average senior player.
He looks scared most of the time and is horribly overrated around here.

2 Likes

I agree with you - but he got 35 touches in the VFL, and has photos of Truck as well.

3 Likes

They’ve been tracking in the right direction for a few weeks now.

McGovern will miss but Liam Ryan and Tim Kelly expected to return this week.

Despite losing their last 13 in a row at home, Eagles have never gone through a season not winning at least 1 game at home. Teams they are playing at home to come: Essendon, Carlton, St Kilda, Adelaide, Fremantle.

I think our game is one they are going to, naturally, seriously target.

2 Likes

We play like we did vs St.Kilda we will easily cover them. But that is an enormous if on exposed form this season.

What’s wrong with McGrath?

I knew what you meant, but they both have their upsides, and Cutler has been a lot better player toward the very end of last year, and most of this year, than he was earlier last year.

We also need to replace McGrath and possibly Hepp in defence. Do we have someone available who will do it better than him? He’s a serviceable one on one defender, and a reasonable marking target, and runs hard both ways all game, giving us defensive pressure and options forward of the ball. He’s also in pretty good form.

Even if we choose a main lineup without him, he’s likely to be a pretty good medical sub.

3 Likes

Groin injury.

Low-grade adductor strain. Will miss this week, probably the next as well.

Cutler is hardly overrated on here. He is competing with Ham as the softest player on the list, and it is a near run thing. That is hardly overrated. He is also a better kick and mark than Ham.

1 Like

Re injured his injury from last week, well done fitness team.

I really like having our better kickers setting up the play aggressively.

With McGrath out, Merrett replacing him on the half back flank would be great to try to see if it could be effective.

This would free up midfield minutes to the returning Parrish.
If Parrish isn’t ready, Hobbs could take more midfield time and we could have a look at Menzie or Hird.

If Hepp is out we could go taller with Zerk, or run with Cuts.

Then there is Lang and Snell who would be prioritised if ready.

2 Likes

I feel like we can forget about Zerk

Last week we had no Reid and no Stewart. The two players he’s been dropped for. And he still wasn’t played.

He’s done. And if Cutler comes in before him this week too he’s even more done.

But sure let’s waste our time giving him 2 years

1 Like

Out: Stringer (hamstring soreness), Heppell (hand soreness), McGrath (abductor soreness)
In: Baldwin, Reid, Parish.

Any source for the Stringer out? Or just a stab that he’s sore and will miss?

3 Likes

I prefer Cutler over Ham. Ham makes too many mistakes that often really hurt us.
Parish will most likely be given another week to recover and Hepps the same with his hand. Langers played out a full game and will be pushing for selection, where as Snells still needs to run out a full game. I think Baldwin is ready for another crack, which means Stringer can spend a heap more time on the ball.
Ins: Langford, Cutler, Baldwin
Outs: McGrath, Heppell, Ham

Jeez it’s going to be nice when we don’t have to debate the Ham or Cutler dilemma…

5 Likes

Isn’t Reid in doubt with an ankle?
This week’s Injury Report is shaping as a return to usual;
Possibly no McGrath Francis Reid Stewart Heppell Smith Tex Hurley Cox
Plus whoever tweaks something at training.

Out: Reid (ankle soreness)
In: Lengthy Injury report

Please telling me you are joking with stringer