Changes v Eagles - Friday night game @ 8.40pm

In: Same old reoccurring injuries
Out: Fitness team

In: 80’s scanless approach
Out: ‘Soreness’

lolz

So that we can have the same dilemma with different names?

1 Like

Yes

Not one of those poxy AMART ones, it’s quite a comfortable one with an uninterrupted view to the TV.

i honestly would be doing too much this week, no need to rush parish or anyone else.

cutler is really the only option to replace mcgrath down back unless we want to go back to a taller defensive structure.

my guess is hepp will play but if he doesn’t they’ll probably bring in langers simply because there isn’t another option. i would be upset though if they decided to have a look at hird or menzie just because why the hell not. Guess you could also bring in the tall defender and move cutler to a wing. perhaps they just pick waterman but i don’t really like the balance of that with two rucks and two key forwards and stringer already in the mix

ham retains his spot because we really don’t have a lot of small options

Kelly Lav Mass
Hind Ridley Redman

Martin Merrett Durham
Draper Shiel Caldwell

guelfi Jones Perkins
Stringer Wright Hobbs

Cutler ??? ham phillips - ???

in the mix: hird, menzie, waterman, zerk, brand, - (subject to fitness) snelling langford parish hepp reid

1 Like

Stringer not listed in the injury report.

Out: McGrath (inj), Heppel (inj), Stewart (inj)

In: Parish, Cutler, Baldwin

Cant see either if Langford or Snelling coming in given their injury history after 1 run in the VFL. Ham shouldn’t be in but will get another week. Cutler (who I don’t rate) if the obvious in. Baldwin played well again in the VFL so is in for Stewart (med sub last week)

Out: McGrath, Heppell & Stewart
In: Parish, Cutler & Langford

B: Redman Laverde Kelly
HB: Hind Ridley D’Ambrosio
C: Martin Caldwell Merrett
HF: Langford Jones Durham
F: Guelfi Wright Stringer
R: Draper Parish Perkins

I/C: Phillips Shiel Hobbs Cutler

Sub: Ham

Hope we keep Langford, Stewart, Cutler, Baldwin and Snelling in the VFL so I can see them at Willy. Screw going to Perth.

4 Likes

Not sure Darcy will get up but I hope he does.

Danger game this. This Weagles and the Swans game will tell us much more about whether we’ve turned a corner … or as Bruce would say "Bombers turning a mini corner here … " .

Out: McGrath, Heppell, Stewart, Phillips, Spam
In: Parish, Cutler, Langford, Brand, Bryan

B: Redman Laverde Kelly
HB: Hind Ridley D’Ambrosio
C: Martin Caldwell Langford
HF: Hobbs Jones Perkins
F: Guelfi Wright Stringer
R: Draper Parish Merrett

I/C: Bryan Shiel Durham Cutler

Sub: Brand

I’d say Heppell is definitely playing

Out of the young players, only Ham to be dropped.
Bryan in for Phillips could work !
The young players group is really tight, but inclusive.
That win would lift them immensely and give them the template for effort required to compete.
They need to be warned about the crowd in WA though, because they will need to channel the negative/hostile sandgroper energy to their advantage.

1 Like

Heppell’s training with fingers strapped.

Francis also training.

No Tex or Reid.

Hurls back to only doing handball today

15 Likes

Thanks for the update, was Stewart there too?

Good to hear Hep and Francis’ injuries aren’t so severe they can’t train.

As per my comment in the injury thread Tex will not be seen again this season. Having his foot fixed so he can start pre season pain free.

2 Likes

No sign of stewart.

Also Parish has been in full training and looking fine.

Guelfi commented to him, that he will have to go play down at Willy this week and come back through the 2s

27 Likes