Changes V Freo

Anyone other than him in the small forward role we need him to play to cover for Raz and Green will be even worse. A bad slelction in this spoke will ■■■■ the whole group up

I put Long in for this role in my “changes”
To me he can at least be given the instruction to chase, tackle and harrass all game and i believe he would do exactly as instructed
Trav has been a liability and has never seemed to play small forward the way logic says he should be able to

Pretty sure he got reported on Saturday

Well…■■■■! Will he go?

There’s been a theme burbling all season of people wanting the lineup to get slower and even older - bring in Bird, drop Green for just about anyone, drop Colyer, swap Hartley for Gleeson, bring back Leuney etc etc.

Stockholm syndrome, I reckon.

People are worried we actually look like playing a dangerous brand of football.

3 Likes

It goes further than that, people calling for more physical aggression like they have never watched a game officiated that Essendon has played in.

1 Like

He tackles, people who think otherwise are subscribing to a myth. He averages 3 a game, same as Green.

4 Likes

Like how Joe can have his head ripped off and not get a 50, but even touch a GC head and its 50 straight up.

Indeed, and it seems people want more of that, and have slow guys executing it

1 Like

And he provides a very different sort of pressure to Bird or Watson or Goddard even though those 3 all rack up heaps of tackles.

Its no good having 5 slow guys at the drop of the ball trying to tackle, the ball’s only going to be there for a second.

Colyer might as well be a fwd pocket because he doesn’t know how to accumulate the footy as a winger should.

Is quick. Can tackle. Knows where goals are. Smart in getting out the back on attacking plays.

So will be able to play a role which we need of him with Raz and now Green out. Which is mainly just provide fwd pressure.

And his kicking to hit targets less of a liability in the fwd line as we don’t get burned as easily back to opposition goal.

2 Likes

Colyer has the runs on the board as a crumming forward pocket, has the pace to hassle opponents as well

We don’t have a better option, as bad as he has been, spraying kicks is less damaging in the forward pocket than on the wing

in for Green

Myers out for Jobe, absolute trash for a month now.

Out: Myers, Green

In: Jobeywan, Colyer

2 Likes

I have to work and they will only have the boxing match on all day unfortunately!

I will be so anxious all day it will be horrible.

The most important change I want to see for this match, … is every farking seat at Etihad filled with an Essendon person on a Sunday arvo, for what is possibly to be, our amazing former Captain, a champion and legend’s final Victorian game.

Get there, and let Jobe feel a heap of 360 degree roars of pure love & respect.

14 Likes

Ughhh I hate to do it but Colyer probably comes in, especially if Watson comes back which he 99% will.

Out: Green, Bird
In: Colyer, Watson

Out: Green (inj), Myers (rested), Leverde
In: Colyer, Watson, Mutch

Think it wouldn’t hurt for Myers to have a rest but I doubt it will happen.

If your going to boot Bird, it has to be Watson & Langford in?

1 Like

All setup for the ‘Essington’ performance of the decade in this one.

The Dockers wouldn’t beat Horsham Seconds at the moment but our mental fragility is something to behold in games like this.

5 Likes

To be fair he was very solid yesterday in the reserves, wouldn’t mind him back…

Also thought Long played his best game for the reserves and is pushing for (what would normally be) Colyer’s spot…

We can bring in Mutch to debut - He can play mid and forward for a week - Then if we make finals there is a chance Fantasia will be back.