Changes vs Sydney

Well fuckityfukfuk…no point me getting an early out from work on Fri evening then !
Have you even watched Sydney recently ?
They ain’t World beaters.Far from it.

Of course we can FKN WIN…

4 Likes

I agree. We’ve talked about match ups. Do Sydney have the defence to combat our fully firing forward line?!

In recent years, they’ve never faced an Essendon team that’s so efficient up forward.

We’ve had a break, a chance for the players with niggles to recover and they had a 5 day turnaround for the Friday night game after a bruising match against Richmond. They’re a good team but they’re not as invincible as they once were. If we’re going to beat them, now is the time.

We just need to make sure we show up with the right mindset.

4 Likes

Fair enough.

I haven’t watched much of Sydney’s last 2 games.

However, i feel like this is a season defining game for us.

You are right, if we are ever going to beat Sydney it will be on Friday.

I hope we do.

It’s time we make a statement. This is a season defining game. Time to announce that the bombers are back (With a big upset win over the swans in sydney)

6 Likes

I hope Harts goes to Buddy. He got beaten last time, but the ball won’t be coming in as often this time. Frees Hurley up obviously, I hope it works out.

117 goals from 20 games…

(The next worst victim was Melbourne, 93 goals from 23 games.)

3 Likes

So, Essendon will bank on Buddy kicking 5 then

Long odds I would’ve thought.
Travelling to Sydney off the bye to take on a rejuvenated Swans outfit who must win. They’ll bring big pressure at the contest and deny us the corridor on the congested SCG. If we can win the ball in the centre and get it forward we’ve got the forward half to do serious damage to the Swans. But the question remains as to whether we can win or even break even in that midfield battle.
I keep coming back to when we’ve played our best looking footy this year being against sides that have brought little or no pressure around the ball and that the Swans simply won’t allow that.
So, the question is can we win enough ball forward of centre and execute out of the back half to give our forwards the chance to do what they do best? Find out Friday night I guess.

If only we had Rance playing for us.

I have no concerns about our mindset. Execution on the other hand…

1 Like

Can he play in the midfield, cause that’s where I’ve most concerns about this game?

1 Like

I’m pretty certain that the GOAT can play anywhere he wants to.

Shakespeare’s Globe even?

1 Like

In: Mark Bolton

7 Likes

With Crow talking about peak intensity loads at training we might not have had as much of a ‘break’ as a lot of people in here think.
Would explain why some teams come out flat after the bye.

At the Flavian amphitheatre itself.

They can’t train them much between games. Main session is only half an hour. It’s a lot of recovery during week more so.

So with no game on opportunity to get the running work into them and not having to worry about collisions/tackling etc. boost their fitness again.

But you are right with increased running loads in the bye at times can come out sluggish if heavy legs

Pretty sure we will bank Joe, Hooker, Raz, Tip, Corgi, Stewart and co kicking 20 between them

I noticed diesel supervising handball techniques. In the injury report vid. There’s a lot they do in the hangar that prepares them for the slick handball that’s become a feature of our game. The handball training benefits every player.

I also heard a indication that Joe has a secret goal kicking coach who is a former player at the club. Seems to have positive results so far

2 Likes

SUUUUUUPER: SUPER SCOTT!

7 Likes

[quote=“chris_64, post:378, topic:10772, full:true”]I also heard a indication that Joe has a secret goal kicking coach who is a former player at the club. Seems to have positive results so far
[/quote]

Are you sure it’s not just Hayden Skipworth?

5 Likes