Changes vs Sydney

to add to that, he is averaging twice as many uncontested possessions per game as contested.

So in reality, bar being a big body, most of the reasoning people are using as justification to keep him, are invalid.

No changes. Even though Bobcat and Myers had some questionable disposals, their grunt work was great and allowed others to run free.

VFL mateee

Mine? No changes for.

Except Howlett out for Parish.

2 Likes

Alright so right now heā€™s not racking up the tackling stats, that doesnā€™t mean heā€™s not being defensive minded and team orientated. Does a lot of minor things that go unrecognised. Iā€™m aware heā€™s not in the greatest form with his possessions but I know he will get better with game time like our superstars Hurley, Watson and Heppell are doing. I still maintain there isnā€™t anyone on the list other than maybe Hocking that can play the same role right now. Langford in the future but heā€™s needs to show a bit more physicality to get to that level.

Honestly, where are all the people that gave up on Watson, McKenna, Baguley and Stewart recently. Well hereā€™s another example in Myers (Colyer too). Just give it time.

6 Likes

I believe itā€™s only when it forces ball up, strips possession or wins a HTB free.

To my eye heā€™s had a fair few other ā€˜pressure actsā€™ (bumps, ineffective tackles, shepherds, spoils etc)

No Changes

EMG Parish, Langford, Francis

There was no and. Just disappointment he didnā€™t nail those passes.

Neither Langford nor Francis has impressed me to date. Myers needs a rest and possibly Howlett. Perhaps trial someone who hasnā€™t had a game yet.

Weā€™re 7th. Not the time for ā€œtrialsā€ IMO.

4 Likes

Are people actually arguing no changes? Are they happy with Parish playing 2s whilst Howlett plays? lol

8 Likes

In Parish, Dea, Bird
Out Howlett, Myers, and Gleeson (Sydney will be too physical for his fly- weight frame)

Why on earth not? Itā€™s not a prelim final next week, weā€™re mid table and itā€™s halfway through the year.

FWIW Adelaide have debuted 3 guys in the past month. GWS have debuted a guy. Dogs too. Absolutely no reason why you wouldnā€™t do it.

To be fair, GWS have one of the largest injury lists going around, Adelaide coming off a loss and Dogs are playing terrible footy. What is your point? That they can do it or have done it? Did it benefit the team? Weā€™ve debuted players and brought in new faces. And we are hitting some sort of form.

You call for new introductions every week regardless of form so what do you see as ā€˜missingā€™ that these players bring?

That theyā€™re not arrogant enough to think theyā€™ve got the perfect formula less than halfway through the year?

All teams that have a solid baseline of form behind them. And stability. And knowledge of what their best 22 can do.

We ainā€™t any of that, and the stability aspect will benefit us more than knowing what Mutch can do for one game in the seniors.

For now.

Oh, he was going to get dropped the week after was he? I must have missed that in my crystal ball, but I can see that would be much less beneficial to the list than the 1 game stints that Hocking, Stanton and Howlett had earlier on.

And the logic that only sides that know what their best side is should debut kids is interesting - if not completely ā– ā– ā– ā– -about.
Itā€™s exactly because we keep attempting to re-fly dead ducks like the above that we need to see what else we might have. And the ā€œweā€™re getting somewhere so we canā€™t change anythingā€ also becomes a snowball. When a couple of guys break down and Stanton/Hocking fail yet again weā€™re going to wish we had some kids who already had a footing.

1 Like

Those teams have debuted players when their reserves form demanded it and when opportunity arose, usually as a result of injury.

It wasnā€™t just for trialling them for ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and giggles.

1 Like

Absolutely and utterly pointless post.

Well, ā€¦ ultimately they all are.

3 Likes