Coaching Team Review - please make new plans for 2019

Agreed

Corrigan not surprising. Hopefully we get someone with credibility whose come out of a successful system

Can only assume Harding been head hunted for bigger $$

When his opposition strategy kept coming in as “score more total points than the opposition” they thought he might have been phoning it in a little.

1 Like

yeah but who will take over the “Inside The Play” videos on BomberTV?

I didn’t even know that was a thing.

Let’s get Lloyd, Lucas and Bewick back as designated forwardline coaches!

theyre pretty good. they obviously use plays that dont give away too much to opposition clubs but its interesting to see how they assess stuff within the club

Making way for Bomber after the acquittal?

1 Like

New forward coach &/or opposition strategist.

James Hird.

11 Likes

Corrigan going is interesting. I’m excited for next year’s forward line with Joey leading from the front.

2 Likes

Clicked on it hoping to see that Skipworth was being jettisoned into the sun but alas it’s a false dawn

3 Likes

The players love Skippy, but surely he can’t stay as coach next season. There must be a player liason role or something they could play him into.

and it begins

I hope they haven’t pulled the trigger too early and that it doesn’t derail our last chance finals push. It seems like an admission that this season is over.

I for one, would like to welcome our new “Offensive Coach”.

BLAKE CARACELLA Assistant Coach, offensive
Blake Caracella, 39, joined the Tigers’ coaching panel in 2017 following a successful seven-season stint as an assistant coach at Geelong, including the Cats’ 2011 premiership campaign.

Previous to that, Caracella spent three years as a member of Collingwood’s coaching panel.

Caracella worked under Richmond’s new General Manager – Football, Neil Balme, for five years at Geelong and was a teammate of the Tigers’ senior coach Damien Hardwick in Essendon’s 2000 premiership side.

Has done the AFL’s Level Four coaching accreditation course and is regarded as a tactical expert.

Caracella has had a profound impact after joining the Tigers, and will continue as offensive coach in 2019.

8 Likes

There is a deadline - clubs must give coaching staff notice by August.

4 Likes

They actually have to let assistant coaches know before finals if they’re extending their contracts. Weird AFL rule.

edit - beaten to it.

1 Like

It reflects on a couple of things.

12 months missed footy-Heppell, Hooker, Hurley, Bellchambers

Mature agers - Ambrose, Saad came to the game late

Brown old but hasn’t played many games for his age. Same with Mckernan and Zac Clarke

Then injuries to blokes like Marty means he’s missed some as well.

So what’s Luke Ball doing / been doing?

Player development?

I thought he was after a head job

1 Like