Coaching Team Review - please make new plans for 2019

He’s actually said at the moment he’d rather stay an assistant. Richardson had no problems getting Rutten over and Caracella is out of contract at seasons end.

1 Like

:thinking::thinking::confounded::confounded::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

7 Likes

Regardless of whether Worsfold is sacked or not at seasons end… huge changes must be made to the assistant coaches.
Our performance has not be up to scratch, and only a handful of players have improved this season.

I hope to see a full review of the football department and the debarcle of our starts to the season, before we start employing assistant coaches.

3 Likes

There are only two reasons why Caracella would come to Essendon:

• Worsfold gets sacked this season, and Caracella is our new senior coach.

• There is a succession plan for him to coach in 2021, like Roos/Goodwin did at Melbourne.

Otherwise I think he would stay at Richmond.

5 Likes

And there’s the fitness dept that got its duties shuffled around after Paul Turk left at the start of this season.

3 Likes

You say that like it’s fact. How about… We just cleared a heap of soft cap by offloading 2 coaches and made him a really good offer?

Is Luke Hodge a lock at Hawthorn next year?

Richmond have a great coaching panel, a bit like Hawthorn has over the past decade.

Usually when they leave it’s for a Senior Coaching role at another club. They seem to really enjoy the culture.

He might leave purely for money. I would be surprised if it happened though.

please provide a reason as to why skipworth should stay? and don’t say the players rate him, the players have achieved nothing as an afl club.

slighlty unfair to lump the whole forwardline problems on him.
hasn’t had the 3 main key forwards from 2017 up there, bar early 2018 when one was injured and out of form, the other was out of form and moved to the backline, the 3rd was shoved off to the vfl by rd 9 ish and hasn’t returned.

I still run with how much do assistant coaches actually control.
do they have free reign to pick whoever they want, tell them their starting positions, how far to push up etc etc, or do they merely monitor how the players are implementing the team and coaches as a whole/head coaches plan.

First person they need to hire is a kicking accuracy coach. Would make us an infinitely better team immediately.

4 Likes

If that’s the case then sign me up and pay me out!

1 Like

Getting rid of those to 2 coaches a sign that we are sticking with Woosha and going to change his assistants like pies and richmond did to bucks and dimma?

2 Likes

Let’s hope it works for us like it did for them.

3 Likes

The same can be said for Woosha too then yeah? Bad luck with players.

1 Like

How many Corrigans we put in cannon?

If the answer isn’t 2 we are doing it wrong.

It’s probably also time we cut Harvey loose. Is Skipworth is the Myers of the coaching panel?

Interesting to see who they bring in. Good to see some change and as pointed out, looks like they’ll be sticking with Worsfold.

1 Like

to make the same start to the season 2 years in a row is sufficient grounds to sack staff…our coach says its about learning well they didnt learn 1 bit about how to start a season !

early losses have made our season that much harder yet again!

2 Likes

Oh Dave has nothing on Skippy.

1 Like

How many of our players who are not past their prime can you name, that haven’t improved their game this year?