Collingwood Pelican under investigation for gambling on Pies games

Idiot, yes. But the bets themselves were of such a minor amount that there was no chance they could influence the outcome of the games. $5000 fine for being a dumb head would have sufficed.

lol.
Like we’d ever hear about it!

3 Likes

As @Aceman pointed out these multis have huge returns for limited outlay. He’s $13 could have returned 13k.

This narrative is so wrong.

$12 on a multi could bring in $50k plus easy.

3 Likes

Yep, amount placed is not the issue here. He very well could have had a huge payout at stake and Especially when elements of the bet are based on margins, goals kicked ect ect it can very very very much be influenced.

Specifically, all of his comments. Could you point out what elements of his comments were racist to the clear definition of the word? I think you might struggle.

I’d love an example of a $12 multi with a $50k payout that a forward could bring home off his own boot.

1 Like

?

4 Likes

Here’s just a quick example for the guys who might not know how quickly it can add up. The actual amount is irrelevant in terms of bet placed

7 Likes

I’d say the part where based on somebody’s appearance he assumed they weren’t born here and didn’t understand our culture or game?

You agree with him on that?

7 Likes

Lol good pick up

Hahahahah :+1:

Yep, you could very easily build a huge return from a $13 multi.

And you think a forward could get this over the line?

I’d be impressed if he could hahah,
Not at all lance

1 Like

Just an example of how the amount placed shouldn’t have any relevancy to the punishment.

In the presser he says something along the lines of ‘i only placed bets of a few dollars, but it looked like it could accumulate to quite a bit more’

Perhaps the first few legs did pay off?

Haha, kids dumb enough to bet on his own match but can keep track of all 12 legs. I get what you’re saying though. I just think the punishment seemed about right. If it was an Essendon player everybody would be arguing what he did wasn’t too bad.

3 Likes

You could put $1 on a multi and still pick up thousands upon thousands.

The amount placed means SFA and by playing it down as “only a $10 bet” like Shaw is doing is far to dismissive of the issue.

2 Likes

Shaw is an absolute idiot. The punishment is about right.