Collingwood Pelican under investigation for gambling on Pies games

That’s true, human nature to back your own. Regardless of the games suspended this will stick with him for the rest of he’s career no doubt, a little lucky to come back for finals I still feel, just hope he doesn’t end up kicking a bag against us in them because all hell will break loose :joy:

1 Like

Doesn’t have to.
As an example he could bet on the results of all 9 games with margins and then he would be hoping the other legs get up and that way he only has to influence 1 leg.

Which will now hopefully not be until 2020!

Yep would be interesting to see the betting slips.
Apparently against the Saints he bet he would kick 3 and he did albeit the last one was a 70m bomb. That goal took the margin out to 40 plus aswell which I know angered me at the time as I had them 1-39 :rage:

I was going to say the same thing. Imagine if it was Parish that placed the bets.

1 Like

Unless its happened multiple times (quite possible) it was a WCE player. I heard it from an ex-WCE player who was in Las Vegas at the same time.

Was John McCarthy from Port who died on a pre season trip to Vegas. “Fell” off a building roof from memory

Well, not quite. It also included bets on which players would score goals, which might influence who he passed to in front of goal. Margins can also be influenced.

2 Likes

If any part of the bet involved his own possessions, what does that mean for team cohesion and playing to the coach instructions?
Even he had no financial involvement in the bet, what is to stop him, or others , in future helping out their mates betting on the mate’s player possessions?

1 Like

I call him Gamblor!

3 Likes

Chad Fletcher

1 Like

He did something he knew he shouldn’t be doing. He tried to conceal it. He got wind that he was about to get busted weeks ago so threw himself on the grenade. The AFL sat on it until the opportune time to take the heat off themselves.

If you think this has played out the way is being portrayed, then I’ve got some magic beans to sell you that I know you’ll just love.

4 Likes

No they werent. It was racist and obnoxiously elitist. He has a track record for being a horrible human being.

2 Likes

He didn’t die. He choked and nearly died swallowing a goldfish.

Though I heard he had overdosed

1 Like

You’d think they’d make him sit finals out wouldn’t you? If blokes earn their spot between now and then imagine being dropped in round one of finals. And Stephenson can’t even play at any level before then. Glad he misses round 23 though haha.

Also we only know of the bets he’s admitted to. Who’s to say he didn’t bet on Pies losing?

I think hes talking about John McCarthy. Jumped off a hotel balcony to a palm tree and fell to his death.

Was that 60 metre barrel against the saints that he kicked a game where he backed himself to kick 3 or more?

1 Like

There were rumours going around that he died and they had to revive him.

They were never confirmed though as far as I am aware.

1 Like

Yes