Collingwood Pelican under investigation for gambling on Pies games

Stephenson in his presser :

“It’s almost scared me off gambling altogether.” :joy:

7 Likes

Sorry if this has already been posted, but if you wanted a punt, why would you just get a mate to place bets for you using their account?

1 Like

Did he actually say that? Hahaha. Get this poor kid some media training please.

He did.

2 Likes

He did. And got caught…

2 Likes

I think he did. Edit. Beaten to it.

1 Like

Well, there goes a few endorsement deals 🤦

then you have to wait until you’re no longer a player

or if you HAVE to have a bet do it on a non-AFL event

2 Likes

Eddie said on MMM this morning that it came out last week. Gillon said Collingwood told them the day after the St Kilda game which was on May 18th. Someone’s telling porkies.

4 Likes

The fact he choose to kick from 65m with a torp with 3 mins to go is evidence enough for me he knew what he was doing. Basically a torp is only used when kicking for goal after the siren.

This evidence should have been enough to see him banned for the rest of this season including finals.

2 Likes

Chad Fletcher was the one who almost died in Vegas with Eagles

1 Like

Love me some beans. Benefit of the doubt I like too.

1 Like

Will be a fertile subject for sledging every time he gets a possession or kicks for a goal.

“Bet you miss”…

6 Likes

It’s funny having Stephenson and others like T Shaw day its was a stupid mistake, looks like the bets were quite particular and required quite a bit of thinking, not so stupid after all.
Saying it’s stupidity basically minimises the calculated nature of his decision making

2 Likes

Racist is a term that is thrown around far to carelessly without evidence. Kennett is most certainly elitist and absolutely an obnoxious human being which to me is putting it very mildly.

His comments though were not at all racist, there was no hate nor claiming of race superiority… simply cultural differences of employees that have not grown up around the game. I just think the claims of racism in those comments are frankly absurd.

The cheer squad need to get a few thousand betting slips and throw them out on to the field like the old toilet paper and streamer days

4 Likes

How did Jeff or you know this? They may have been second or third generation Aussies for all we know. The assumption is based on nothing more than skin colour and appearance.

6 Likes

All based on assumption because of skin colour and appearance. Racism. He knew nothing about those people.

1 Like

Snap!

1 Like