Collingwood Pelican under investigation for gambling on Pies games

Ok mate…

Glad you agree! Or is the first half of your username superfluous?

1 Like

It still doesn’t make a case for racism however way you want to spin it. Nice ad hominem too by the way

1 Like

How can you say that a guy who is being condescending towards other people because of their skin colour or cultural background is ok? How is it political correctness gone mad for people to call this sort of thing out? This is a pretty poor reflection on you if you think what jeff said is ok. Its not.

7 Likes

To be branded a racist is pretty ■■■■■■ insulting and i just think that we need to be pretty careful how its applied.

He commented that, on the basis of their appearance they would not know the culture.
So, that’s not racial stereotyping? Is he suggesting that security officers should be white like him?

3 Likes

and here i am, defending jeff ■■■■■■ kennett…of all people.

Oh i hope we haven’t insulted Kennett!

Get a grip.

1 Like

I think he’s good enough to still make an impact in finals, but I hope I’m wrong. No doubt self reporting was a response to knowing the AFL were about to find out.
But I hate all of this hypocrisy from the AFL whereby they bank $1squillion from saturation gambling advertising and hammer individuals who are too weak to resist the temptation.
The AFL are partly to blame for the gambling addiction among players as their choice of revenue streams reinforce the idea that sport and gambling go together.

11 Likes

This thread is about the Collingwood Pelican. Take the Hawthorn Pelican chat elsewhere :smiley:

7 Likes

Couldnt agree more.
AFL: “Don’t gamble on games guys”
Also AFL: “DO THE MOUNTAIN”

1 Like

I sincerely hope that the Bulldogs’ banner next Sunday has a Gamblers’ Help message on it.

3 Likes

Or maybe experience of dealing with the Marvel security staff in person. I’ve found them almost entirely useless in terms of knowledge of where things are around the ground & my personal experience with them is that all the ones I’ve dealt with struggled with communication skills. Thats in contrast to the MCG who have staff on the isles who are there to assist not control or monitor.

Marvel would be far better served with less security staff but a higher quality, better trained & paid security force working in close partnership with the police. When the vast vast majority of patrons simply want to know where their seats are, where the toilets are & be left alone to enjoy their footy, having poorly trained & lowly skilled staff sent out to keep them in line is a recipe for tension & will see increases in violence.

Love this comment :upside_down_face:

Keep the beans, I’ll have the mushrooms instead! Lol

Yes, it is a wider problem that can be sheeted home to the AFL and its gambling connections.
The player was sufficiently educated to know not to place bets on his own account, but dumb to brag about it. Could be a lot of smarter players around who are keeping their mouths shut, for all we know.
The AFL has peddled the narrative that the nature of our game means it’s harder to fix outcomes. This is an illustration that it’s not enough to track bets through registered bookmakers.
AFL needs to divorce the game from wagering.

Also Also AFL: “here’s popular former player Nathan Brown to completely normalise gambling with amusing anecdotes told in a jovial manner during half time”.

3 Likes

Also Also Also AFL: Welcome to the Crownbet Browlow Red Carpet arrivals but before that lets head over to the Pointsbet leaderboard and see how our favourites are tracking and after that with thanks to Ladbrokes we can have a chat to our leader

7 Likes

you really need to evaluate where you’re at! :laughing:

Also also also also AFL:

lad6 lad5 lad4 lad3 lad2 lad1

2 Likes

That’s a different discussion though.