Collingwood Pelican under investigation for gambling on Pies games

Imagine the headlines if it was Eddie Betts!

8 Likes

So im having a rough time understanding this.

If you are an AFL player, are you allowed to bet on AFL games? Can someone help me out with this?

3 Likes

That’s the first time I’ve ever heard someone be kind to tony shaw

4 Likes

Hate Kennett , He was racist in his statement but should have put it in another way like the security were not trained properly in the baracking of aussie rules supporters.

1 Like

It’s a wonder the AFL didn’t investigate and sanction Essendon because we were one on the teams involved in one of his bets?

4 Likes

Dont really get the Melbourne radio stations down here in Tas. Just curios if any mums phoned into Eddie’s radiow show worrying about their son’s being involved in any betting scandals.

Bet there weren’t. Odds?

15 Likes

Making claims about someone’s competence at their job based on what they look like. Not racism? Righto, you are beyond help.

You reckon he’d have made that comment if the pictures showed guards with white skin who happened all to be born elsewhere and had no idea about footy?

McClure saying it was Howe who dobbed him in (or told him to self-report). Somehow this makes it funnier.

1 Like
4 Likes

Not funnier for me. If Howe got wind of it and decided he couldn’t ‘unhear’ it, and basically said you have to sort this out, then a couple of things. This makes sense - why else would JS suddenly have an epiphany and fess up? Sounds like a ‘you have no choice but to self-report’ scenario. Second you couldn’t doubt Howe’s integrity. That’s a big call by him, if the right one. The thing separating him from saying ‘mate give it away and don’t tell anyone’ must have been his conscience, can’t think of anything else that makes sense?

1 Like

Note that Collingwood are currently three wins and 16% outside the top eight of the VFL competition :slight_smile: – so almost certainly no chance to demonstrate or gain any form come finals.

1 Like

If it is true then Howe has gone up in my estimation. That would be a tough thing to say to your team mate and takes a good level of courage because they would all know what was going to happen.

9 Likes

You can get them digitally streaming but I wouldn’t bother. You can understand how purple gets work.

I rang our local one here in Launceston and talked to the dj about footy cards the other day because I was bored driving to work.

I’m on at around 2.20. Enjoy.

https://lafm.com.au/podcast-player/show/7281173-fairsy-asks-what-was-your-childhood-obsession/fairsy-s-big-breakfast

Apparently the dumb idiot was sitting next to Howe in the change rooms after the game and whilst checking his phone he lamented to Howe that one of his teammates had cost him a multi. Howe told him it was wrong and that he needed to speak to someone higher at the club

12 Likes

Good work by Howe and also shows how dumb Stephenson is.

3 Likes

A headline of “Stephenson Laid Betts” would have taken this conversation in a very different direction.

Jeff Kennett would have still been a ■■■■ about it though.

8 Likes

But betts would have smacked him.
And then gone on to kick a ripper.

1 Like

26 Likes

So dumb AFL and dumb Collingwood are dumb.

He placed a bet on a game in which he played, and in which he had the capacity to influence the outcome of the bet (which is presumably why he did it).

He’s committed an indictable criminal offence in Victoria. Section 195C of the Crimes Act - note also the definitions in s 195B, which mean he can be done even if he didn’t influence the outcome, but merely if he was in a position to.

http://classic.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/s195c.html

Again, that’s an indictable criminal offence, punishable by up to ten years prison.

11 Likes

CLEN

4 Likes