Collingwood Pelican under investigation for gambling on Pies games

look at the smart guy lawyer over here guys!

3 Likes

Won’t somebody think of CLEN

4 Likes

I’m presuming that there isn’t going to be a police investigation?

I don’t think you understand. Gil and Ed had coffee. It’s sorted. There is nothing to see here.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t presume that at all

I don’t know much about many areas of law but trust me when I say I know A LOT about this

2 Likes

He could have put it this way “Those guys were doing there job the way they’d been instructed to do their job and the management at Marvel stadium and the AFL need to look very closely at the instructions they are giving their security staff”

1 Like

I’m not a criminal lawyer but reading that section wouldn’t he have had to engage in conduct that could
Or might corrupt the outcome. Is the act of placing the bet itself “conduct”?Or is taking lots of shots instead of passing conduct?

That’s certainly more boring than my guess of a falling out with a mate who JS was worried about dobbing him in.

Guy I know works ~8 hours a week at Richmond and has to do an AFL approved anti-gambling quiz 3 times a year and a refresher online training course every 12 months.
Says the players get F2F on top of this.
JS not the sharpest tool in the shed.

“conduct" means an act or omission to do an act;

http://classic.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/s195b.html

Regardless, even if the bet isn’t conduct (it is), I’m sure they’ll find something he did during the game which would be

2 Likes

Ten years in prison seems about right - That or a life ban. If it were European football ( soccer ) his career would simply be over

2 Likes

Yeah looking at this definition

" conduct that corrupts or would corrupt a betting outcome of an event or an event contingency means conduct that—

(a)     affects or, if engaged in, would or would be likely to affect the outcome of any type of betting on the event or event contingency; and

(b)     is contrary to the standards of integrity that a reasonable person would expect of persons in a position to affect the outcome of any type of betting on the event or event contingency;"

He’s cactus. Lucky he plays AFL for Collingwood I guess

Okay…so I want to know:

1. Who is Jayden’s mate. Is his mate related to any of the umpires who were officiating on Anzac day?

2. Who was the team mate who was meant to collect the highest possessions? Pendlebury? Explains free kicks to him.

3. What was the margin bet on for Anzac day?

4. There were so many dodgey decisions against us that day…blatant ones. Was the umpires in on this too? Weird watching Shaun Ryan trying to defend the indefensible.

Plenty of players would be betting on games but they are far smarter than him obviously.
I’ve often wondered about some of these “misses” from absolute sitters when I watch.
It’s a little like watching the Pakistan players in the field

4 Likes

Considering he could get up to 10 years in prison, a 10 week suspension (back in time for finals) feels a little light. Fark Collingwood seriously.

1 Like

I’d wager this pelican is feeling like a right tit

2 Likes

Might explain why Dillon emphasised the reviews of the matches and individual players.
Also, releasing the comments to Howe to suggest that the player mate had no knowledge that he was being backed in the bet.
And I was just attributing Dillon’s nervousness to the fact that he is rarely the AFL spokesperson.

I haven’t read what Dillon said and don’t care to. I presume it was a healthy serving of self interest with a side of ■■■■ covering. Likely garnished with ignorance and/or denial.

3 Likes

Someone needs to compile a list of all the indescretions Collingwood players and officials have committed over the past decade.

Surely the sum their off field bastardry constitutes “bringing the game into disrepute”?

2 Likes

■■■■ tatts would be part of that list, surely.

Grundy’s hairdo.

2 Likes