Collingwood Pelican under investigation for gambling on Pies games

Yeah and the dickheads at CA wouldn’t admit they won a fixed test match.

1 Like

Hang on, is this discussion about a Pies Pelican (sort of doesn’t work putting those two together) or Jeff?

1 Like

It’s a place for us to bathe in the undoing of our rivals.

2 Likes

What are the bathing rules?

1 Like

pelican

2 Likes

Similar to those of a Japanese Onsen.
Nude and please scrub your date before you hop in.

2 Likes

OK. Here I come.

3 Likes

Should have got 11 weeks, not 10. He should miss a final for his poor choices. This wasn’t a one off. He bet on three games. It wasn’t spare of the moment. Thought went into it. He didn’t self report.

10 weeks was the bare min he could get.

5 Likes

I empathize with your situation and that of those close to you and have no interest in getting into a political discussion.
But the construction of MCEC has been a significant financial boon for the city of Melbourne and the state more broadly and will continue to do so. Conference revenue for the city/state will exceed $500M this year and it’s the most valuable single tourism sector in the state.

Yeah its fine, but it was funded in the worst way possible…

Watching the presser again, :joy::joy::joy::joy:
“(This has) almost scared me off gambling all together,” he said, safe to say he should put the gambling away full time for the moment

5 Likes

Mount Stupid just got higher. She’s quite a peak to bag now.

1 Like

Alot of people are still playing the whole “he only bet a small amount” card.

Clearly don’t understand multi’s then

1 Like

A lot of people are still playing the “it was just a mistake” card… in spite of the twit openly admitting he knew what he was doing was wrong but didn’t think it was a big deal.

2 Likes

The guilt was just too consuming is what’s bewildered me a tad, he’s last game against Melbourne he was arguably best on ground and easily he’s best output for the year, clearly wasn’t effecting him in the performance side of things

From my experience gambling myself and talking to others you don’t just start off with complicated multis. You normally work your way up from little bets to bigger bets then 2 or 3 leg multis and so on. This suggests to me he has experience and it’s probably not the first time he has done it.
I would also hazard a guess that had Howe not told him to come clean he would still be doing it now

4 Likes

Absolutely he would’ve been

Yes, they are minimising it it was such a small bet as some (not you) are saying, why’d he make it?

And if it was a mistake, why’d he do it through a mate’s account?

1 Like

Not a shred of doubt. As I said yesterday, there’s some serious koolaid going around with this.

1 Like