Collingwood Pelican under investigation for gambling on Pies games

So if he does get caught again, is it a definite life ban? Are there rules regarding this?

Get naked, … get in, & revel.

Also, don’t drown, … schadenfreude drownings are not pretty.

1 Like

Eddie trying to shift some blame.

2 Likes

■■■■ off Eddie

10 Likes

What a joke

Just because you’d got Beams out of the hole he was in with unlicenced bookies!

AFL policy does not force them towards criminal figures. How about the players just don’t bet on footy at all or at the very least not their own games!

2 Likes

Why does that club continue to out stupid itself

1 Like

How can the fat ■■■■ be so relaxed about a serious problem

When he was head of beyond blue he had this to say in relation to hereto/same sex couples raising kids.

The gay community were impacted by these comments, and sure enough he didn’t back down when challenged on it.

“There is no substitute for parents of both genders. Happy heterosexual marriages are the best environment for the mental health of children”

Sure he’s been part of doing some positive things, but the guy is from the dark ages when it comes to certain views.

And how many billions get ■■■■■■ down the drain over the road?

People saying Howe “Dobbed him in”,… I thought I read he told him he should talk to the higher ups and do it now, & then he did.

May well have pointed out to him that he was now open to be blackmailed and if he got done w/out self reporting, it would be much worse for him.

2 Likes

The relaxed attitude towards this issue from the same people pressing for our entire club to shutdown during the saga sickens me.

For me PEDs and Gambling (when it can directly influence outcomes within a match) are major issues and just as serious as eachother

2 Likes

Can’t claim it.
Blackadder rip off.

Eddie: “my club has a lot of problems, but rather than us dealing with it, let’s get the AFL to change the rules so that my players can escape sanction for trying to match fix in essence”.

10 Likes

Talks a lot about an amnesty. Sounds to me like maybe Eddie knows/fears a few more of his players could have similar issues and an amnesty is the best way for the pies to avoid multiple suspensions if they are found out.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Why go they just get to agree to a sanction?

Shouldn’t their be a leaked “charge sheet” airing all his dirty laundry followed by a commission hearing?

If this isn’t bringing the game into disrepute then I don’t know what is.

8 Likes

Fitzpatrick no longer runs the AFL.

1 Like

AFL: Yes sir Mr Collingwood, 10 weeks, whatever you wish sir. Would you like some extra free kicks thrown in this weekend sir?

7 Likes

Break one of the clearest set of rules and still get kissed on the ■■■■

3 Likes