Computer problem

Yeh sounds like it. Probably more something in your ISP’s network or setup than your modem/router. Another possibility is your IP is on a spam blacklist. If you put your phone on wifi do you get the same issues? If you are switching ISPs soon probably a good idea to wait it out rather than try and explain what’s happening to 1st level ISP support (if you ever get through)

1 Like

Not quite sure what you mean here, … but if it’s the Modem itself,… I didn’t log in to that or fk about with it.

I was going to today, but as BC just said, I don’t think I’ll bother ftm, & instead just wait & see what’s what after I change ISP’s, and get their new modem.

What modem is it?? Do you know the make and model??

Yeah, it’s a NetComm NF10WV.

Just been having a squiz with RC’s help, and it looks like I have a dodgy 2nd DNS server address somehow? It’s definitely not the 8.8.4.4 I changed it to, and the CMD prompt exercise last night said it was. :thinking:

Now I think back, this started happening after I did a WAN or wireless and Bluetooth driver update, but I’m positive it was an MS offered/provided update.

I did a rollback to a restore point a Month before it started to see if anything I’d done had caused the issue, which definitely took in the time frame of that update & others, and it was no different, sooo??

Weird how the initial step last night fixed some sites but not others though too.

Yeah, this is what I don’t get - shouldn’t have to touch the DNS at all - automatically configured.

Unless you’ve already pre configured this - then you should know what you want to reconfigure

Anyway - I would’ve just gone to http://10.1.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 depending on your default as suggested and ensured all WiFi, SSID settings hadn’t reverted them self OFF before even considering the DNS.

1 Like

I forgot to renew our domain name which expired on May 30th. We found out when no emails were coming our way and we could not send them, and then our website had disappeared as well.

Now I could contact the Domain host as they required a password renewal by email and of course I could not access that !!

So last night about 1 am, I got through to the Host in North America by phone ; and went through the process of paying for renewal. It was difficult as they wanted to send me things that needed a response by email, and the email they would only use is the one that doesn’t work. After a long phone call, they accepted by Credit Card and told me that it was all aprroved and Domain was back in action.

Except of course our website and emails come from a different Provider, and they have to now re-install everything. You would think iit was easy but no; everything requires security checks and a Credit Card. And they keep wanting to use the email address that does not work !!

Yep, it was my fault that I forget to renew, but you would think one day was not a big deal and that there would be a grace period. Rant over, and we still have no website or emails.

Expired domains don’t go into some kind of stasis where they can be revived as necessary. They get wiped and need to be set up from scratch.

-edit- Bacchus I know you know that now, I’m speaking to the audience.

1 Like

And you are lucky that no-one else bought that domain name in the meantime. Not necessarily for themselves but to sell back to you at a much higher price.

1 Like

Sorry, I already registered @ilovemeltonpokies.com a few months ago. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

That is a fib, young lady!

1 Like

Riolio was sure to get me good aussie providers. You should speak to him for your domain services.

We got the Domain in 1995 and there were limited options then. My error in forgetting to renew, probably no difference where they are to the issue.

Still not sorted though.

Send him a pm. He’ll explain it better than I can.

Hoping somebody may be able to assist with an issue I have on Facebook with unblocking a few people on my “blocked” list. When I click “unblock” in settings, it asks me to confirm and when I click on the appropriate button, I get a message saying “This content is no longer available”. An internet search has yielded nothing helpful.

They could’ve deleted or deactivated their account.

Could have, but not in this case as I’m aware that they’re still posting. Thanks for replying. :+1:

So my 2.4Ghz wifi is giving me the ■■■■■.

Running at 0.8mbps which is not even remotely funny.

I run normal and fine at 5Ghz channel not a problem.

Hard wired into TV, PS4, Foxtel and Xbox not a problem.

I want to be able to use the 2.4Ghz though as I don’t have a dual band card in my office computer - currently looking for a dual band network card but of course nil stock. Happy to accept recommendations if you have any - OS Windows 10 - some don’t seem to be capable at running this from what I found.

Any suggestions or solutions welcome

A few notes of things I’ve tried

• turning off and on again works for a time then it goes back to ■■■■
  • I’ve swapped channels to find less interference on the band width - 1, 6 and 11

Haven’t gone to my ISP yet - is it worth it?

Happy to buy new router, cards etc if you think this will help - happy for recommendations.

I’m going to see if there is a firmware update tomorrow for the router - need to get the lap top hard connected tomorrow to try this.

Hard wire your pc. Assuming it’s not a laptop with no ethernet port.

2 Likes

Can you vouch for these? Does it work???

I run one from my router where the media pc is to home theatre which is connected to the ps3. About 10m from the router.

I can stream 4k. Buttery smooth.

My home is 13 years old? Only downside to these is if your home is poorly wired.

I should add too they can be mixed with different brand routers as well. So if your router is netgear for example this will still work with it.