Could Luke Breust come to the bombers to roost?

Bruest kicked the same amount of goals as Rioli this year, and only 4 less than Gunston.

He has Rioli covered every other year of his career.

We’re not talking about poppy, or Litherland.

Bruest ain’t a ‘mid range’ player. He’s an A grade forward, in any team.

As for DP… here is a list of players who get a game in our forward line before Bruest:

• Daniher
Would have to trade then so no PSD :(
Has everybody on Blitz that is gazing wistfully at the PSD been locked in a time vault for the past 10 years? The (potential) PSD pick aside from a threat at the trade table has little worth in reality. Your PSD picks of years past are the FAs/DFAs of the world - no PSD picks were utilised last year, we could've had pick 4 in the PSD but opted to draft at 68 instead - in the 2 years prior only 2 picks were utilised from 21 to draft Jason Tutt and Jed Lamb (to GWS) - neither of whom were perceived as certain best 22 starters and so it proved.

In the current era, clubs would rather prefer going in short and drafting an extra rookie or 2 than using a PSD pick.

Hell once the rookie list gets likely dissolved for 2018, the PSD will also evaporate and the draft may be held either all in one night or across two.

He's odd to look at on the field. He looks like he's never exerting and he never smiles or really emotes at all.

Imagine Breust and Langford walking into a surprise party…

He's odd to look at on the field. He looks like he's never exerting and he never smiles or really emotes at all.

Midwich cuckoos

Midwich cuckoos

Are you wyndham me up?

Do we have to sing "Breust there it is" when he kicks a goal?

If we do then count me out.

I’d love to do it back to the Hawks fcks in standing room.

Bazillion times better option than Ballantyne

Bruest kicked the same amount of goals as Rioli this year, and only 4 less than Gunston.

As for DP… here is a list of players who get a game in our forward line before Bruest:

• Daniher

40+ goals, 5 years running. 26 next year.
He’s no dud, that’s for sure. That’s why I think the Hawks would be mad to trade him out.

Do I want him? Maybe.

Do I want Jackets to string Hawthorn along that we’re interested only to pull out with an hour to go in trade period? Absolutely.

• Daniher

So if you had the choice Breust or Rioli?

Knowing our luck he would join us and start missing the easiest of set shots.

Never takes long for a new recruit to become essingtoned

• Daniher

So if you had the choice Breust or Rioli?

Why would I have that choice?

One of the all time great front runners. Would make me throw up in mouth to see that flog in an Essendon jumper.

He is a dead eye for goal. Will only need two or three opportunities to kick a couple a game

Until Essingtonitis sets in.

Good player but his value is greatly inflated at the moment. He plays in a team that has dominated the comp for 4 years and gets a lot of his goals from the hard work done further up the ground to give him space to work into and predominantly work one out with his opponent.

Put him in a lesser team and he won’t kick 40-60 a year, more like 30. Would be very handy to have but seems a lot better than he is which is probably why Hawks are considering a trade while his potential value is sky high. IMO they wouldn’t get as much for him when the team starts the decline and he’s not kicking 3 a week.

If you put Raz in a dominant Hawks team, he’d kick 40 plus every year too. He kicked around 30 this year and only played 16ish games up forward. Huge potential.

I like how our young forward line is developing and could see some of these young bombers kicking 30 plus each when we get up and going.

Not saying Bruest is useless, far from it. I just don’t think he’s THAT good and wouldn’t want to give up anything valuable for a player that we could develop 2 of in the next few years.

This literally could be any other player. Some “journalist” said it might be a good idea. They could do that with any player and we will have a long thread talking about nothingness.

Breust is not leaving Hawthorn and never was. Even if he was his price would be too high.

Knowing our luck he would join us and start missing the easiest of set shots.

Never takes long for a new recruit to become essingtoned

We must have already been in his ear because he missed some sitters on Friday night.

As for who he will replace in the team, considering we only won 3 games this year and scored over 100 once and he is a 40+ goal a year forward, I reckon we can just squeeze him in.

Only just though

I wish we could get him and I wish pick 19 would do it but it won’t.

We have two proven forwards on the list, one of them is a poor kick at goal. Our forward line set up has given us all nightmares for years. Breust would be an incredible addition.
Pick 19 - where do I sign.
If we could trade pick 1 to GWS and for say 4 and 12 and then use 12 on Breust - do it.

Do I want him? Maybe.

Do I want Jackets to string Hawthorn along that we’re interested only to pull out with an hour to go in trade period? Absolutely.

Walking into Hawks offices, turn around and unzip the jackets with red and black embroidery on the back -

Unzip
“No thanks”
Unzip
“Hawks you can”
Unzip
“go and eat”
Unzip
“a massive big”
Unzip
“turdburger and”
Unzip
“Tell Breust to”