COVID-19 Round 12 - c'mon, it's just a little prick

1st jab done and dusted and told by doc that a few pints of Guinness wouldn’t do any harm and he’s not even my doctor!!

5 Likes

If we didn’t have this second cluster from Delta we’d be all good. The first cluster is all wrapped up.

Do we have to sign in at woolies?

Yeah it’s compulsory everywhere. I went there and got some food. I then went to their bottlo and had to sign in again as it’s treated as a separate venue even though I saw the bottlo manager wheeling stock through the supermarket.

I would hope so

yikes

i went just before and didn’t sign in

just went and they were enforcing the sign in

Im going to have to watch the briefing again.
Just heard on the report that 20% of genomic tests don’t give a result. That sounds very odd. I’ve never heard that any test has not been genomically linked because the test ‘cannot compute’.

At Doncaster, they had a desk at the entrance helping people to sign in. Lots of QR sign in points. Easy.

According to PANGO lineages the Delta variant has been sequenced 108 times in Australia to date. (Note there may be some lag in the data)

And 11 times in New Zealand.
With NZ not requiring to quarantine I wonder if that could also be an option

6 Likes

Hong kong just got their first local case in 42 days
The virus is always circulating under the table. Doubt this virus will be eliminated in the short term.

The virus won’t be eliminated ever. It’s going to be an endemic disease like cold and flu viruses.

5 Likes

That is as big a revelation as I’ve heard in Australia’s entire story on COVID

7 Likes

There must be some truth to it, as no Murdoch outlet has picked it up.

3 Likes

Oh my goodness.

It actually is pretty silly.
We’re offered the chance to be where Israel is now (obviously without the war) and the Feds try and swindle on the deal.
They then come out in January and have a plan to vaccinate everyone in Australia to match the Israel timeline. It’s obvious it’s a big fark you to USA saying we don’t need your help on this. We’re just fine. USA said, no problems bro. We have this new barely trade deal with China. Laterz dude. Then when we ask for Moderna, they say, really you want more. No problems were almost done with ours. We’ll holidaying in Europe. We’ll see you there in about a year…

1 Like

FMD the Feds need to be held to account for their ineptitude over COVID.

But they won’t be cos African gangs are coming for my franking credits.

7 Likes

nek minnit

That’s so deflating.

To know how hard everyon here worked and compromised to get on top of the virus. For the LNP to ■■■■ it all up against the wall. And then take potshots at the public and state leaders.