COVID-19 Round 15 - welcome to Punxsutawney!

When I booked my second shot Sunshine was the only place in the state with availability. Rang up on Tuesday and could get stacks of availability at the Exhibition Building (closest for me) for the same day.

1 Like

Yeah, my mum is in her 70s and only got the first AZ shot a couple of weeks ago, cos she’d been having heart issues and her doc told her to hold off until she’d had a pacemaker installed and could go off some of meds. There are some legit medical reasons for not getting the vaccine right now.

5 Likes

Cracking song. Havent heard it in a while. The over clipped Fuzz/Wah solo is so ■■■■■■■ nasty, it could kill delta instantly.

2 Likes

Could be worse. Could have people with cold and flu symptoms turning up to the vax centre.

PM on now with CMO and JJ, allegedly to talk about Natacab
Australia is not alone in fighting Delta - some countries are into 6th wave ( we are only up to third)
Australians , repeat AUSTRALIANS are charting our way out of with vax, NSW leading State, other will follow, we are hitting world class marks.
JJ has prepared some nice charts for me to show you. Such great results for NSW, Vics not so bad with its State run hubs.

Why doesn’t he get to what NatCab has decided or not decided, how many slides to go?
Finally, gets to mentioning that NatCab discussed something , still waiting to be told

4 Likes

I can see it now NSW will be painted gold standard for this almighty cluster-****. Write it in stone.

4 Likes

Close to agreement on freight
Worried about kids, but if only there were another way, I would do it
Economic support, so much going to NSW, Vics, Qld and SA getting a slice of the pie in disaster payments.
It’s all going to be State by State, Feds will share State costs of business payments, 50/50 Vics, different for different States.
Some protection to business re vaxing,
CMO will give update on health

That terrible second wave in Melbourne was locally acquired says Kelly, not so the current one in NSW
More slides …
Lots of fillers today, if JJ gets to strut his stuff as well, it will be too dark in the PM’s courtyard for Q and A.

Oh nice. I might give em a call and try and get in earlier then. Sunshine was the only place available for me too

1 Like

JJ says real sense of momentum, rollout going great, including by aboriginal health services, still some way to go

• does not mention Walgett.

Journo asks if NSW delivered a plan

• NatCab was so collegiate, NSW showed low level of cases near Qld border, says PM

Kelly says suppression worked in Victoria last year, what NSW is doing now, it will work, says Kelly.

Lol, I thought I’d posted it in the other thread. Only just stumbled on them, but loving their music. Definitely lots of fuzz.

1 Like

Did he define “work”.

FFS how much of their own bathwater do they want to drink.

1 Like

PM confident that NSW Premier doing the right thing, but look at those bad people not doing the right thing, like those people up north in the State.
Dismisses Tony Abbott suggestion of a Royal Commission, we are managing well

Did the PM just mention exceptions for the vaccinated?

First thing I’ve agreed with in a long time.

2 Likes

Why do I keep reading these threads. They’re a shocker.

1 Like

Feds don’t hold the hose ( except Aged Care for public health reasons), up to business and as deemed necessary, for States to legislate
Journo asks what the 200+ extra ADF are going to do, will they go to regions?

• they will do what JJ tells them to do says PM

Last Q is on Afghanistan - waffle waffle

1 Like

4 Likes

Scotty seems full of ideas that might happen one day. He calls them plans.

But seriously, of course there will be vaccination passes, and unvaccinated will be cut out of activities. It’s just a question of when that begins. it will be used as an incentive for unvaccinated to get vaccinated, so no need to bring them in until vaccination rates slow, and we have excess vaccine available. I think we’re a few months away yet, but no doubt it will happen.

1 Like