COVID-19 Round 18 - Dan Dictates you must get back to doing the things you love

It’s mainly in under 40’s, who never had the option of AZ

Still saying over here that AZ alone now offers absolutely no protection against Omicron and you need your Pfizer booster ASAP

1 Like

Yep, I posted that here a while ago, but was shouted down

i have one on my watch, first time i got 100 yesterday.

had a man flu early december, sneezing, coughing so much ribs/ stomach muscles hurt, headaches, runny nose, fever, made it hard to breathe, but got tested twice and negative for covid and there was none in state then anyway.

twins had ear infection, as well and were getting high temperatures.

doctors ended up giving me some asthma drugs, as was wheezing a bit, at least that should come in handy if i catch the real thing.

2 Likes

Yep, 73% of known active cases in Victoria currently are <40y of age.

1 Like

Maybe AZ doses much earlier than Pfizer, immunity has therefore lessened, more AZ jabbed now eligible for booster, nothing to do with the vax efficacy?

1 Like

Hey Blitz, Newton & Leung Pharmacy on Smith St Collingwood just got a top up of Rapid Tests. Packs of 7 for $70.

They wont be there for long so if you need some i’d go right now.

8 Likes

HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY MET ANYONE WITH COVID??? HAS ANYONE SEEEEN COVID

It’s an invisible substance; almost like a colourless odourless gas.

So no.

Would it be worth starting a thread of places were people are getting their rapid tests from? The findarat website is not accurate at all. I’ve had friends go to about 10 locations showing available test that are all sold out. The blitz findarat thread?

1 Like

Have you ever seen the wind boomerang man? neither the wind nor covid exists

Do you know how many per pack? Most seem to be a pack of 5, a few two per pack. Just trying to work unit cost. Chemist Warehouse pack of 5 seems to be most price stable since November, at $50 pack of 5,

its crowdsourced mate, what was accurate 10 minutes ago wont apply.

2 Likes

Sorry, i meant packs of 7 for $70. They have waaaay more than 7 packs.

1 Like

2020: the Year of the Toilet Paper Shortage
2021: the Year of the Lockdown
2022: the Year of the RAT shortage

12 Likes

Irrespective of what pollies and the news outlets reported this was always the main concern.
Converting somewhere like the exhibition centre into a makeshift medical centre could be done almost overnight.
Takes 3-4 years to train someone to man them.
Depending on what happens we could be about to see the consequence of chronic underfunding of frontline public HCW.

3 Likes

That’s just weird, especially in light of what’s happening in their state and the rest of the nation/overseas.

Some shortcomings in how they’re assessing the situation.

1 Like

Yeah, i’m not bagging them, just saying that as soon as somebody list a place as having tests they’re cleared out. We could probably help each other better than that.

Retail you’ll only be able to access 2x or 5x packs.
These guys don’t comeback til Jan 10 but had some (limited) availability for public use tests (some of their test kits require an AHPRA number to purchase).

https://jpsglobalgroup.com/shop/

1 Like

This is a good read to balance out how many conservative politicians who keep telling us this is mild and not really a problem

11 Likes