COVID-19 - Round 4 - diseaseologists welcomed

■■■■■■■ telling me

1 Like

oh and ■■■■ thread title

1 Like

Essington mode activated?

1 Like

In parts of Europe chrysanthemums are funeral flowers. Need to be careful with some Mums.

1 Like

Any changes?

Out - Cook
In - Dampier

3 Likes

Out: People
In: Economy

5 Likes

Time to give our bush recruits a run.
They’ve earned a chance.

Other than that, no changes this week for mine.

In: partisanship
Out: doing the best/right thing

4 Likes

Covid has been mediocre for over 15 days now.

7 Likes

First they put up the apocalypse model that scares the ■■■■ out of anyone who reads it.

Then they show the pollies a range of models with various levels and types of mitigations.
The pollies select the mitigations and announce them.

But of course the only model we ever see, is the sensational one.
That softens us up to accept level 3 mitigations and gives us something else to whinge about.

No one has gone with the apocalypse model, so how do you know if it ended up correct?

2 Likes

And the streak is over with 1 new case in SA.
A man in his 70’s who arrived from the UK on March 20th and was quarantined developed a loss of taste and smell and came forward on the 5th of May for testing and was positive.
Apparently he was immigrating here and due to not knowing anyone has had limited contact with people. The 5 people he has had contact with are in self isolation with no signs of the virus and have been tested.
SA Health believe the man caught the virus OS but there are still blanks that need filling in IMO

5 Likes

That kind of plot twist is so 1990s.
His father in law has actually a figment of his imagination his whole life and has merely been his alter ego.
Wait until next season when his son is actually himself from twenty years ago, who invented a time machine to warn us about the virus.
It’s a complex story line that I’m sure the writer’s of Game of Thrones can tie up the loose ends.

4 Likes

Just caught the end of the 4pm news … something about 3 Vic Labor members have links to Cedar Meats???

1 Like

Covid can surprise and still deserves respect.
Needs more of a team approach against him, rather than it being the responsibility of any one player.

Been a bit of lairising, lately.
I feel like a lot of guys aren’t taking things seriously enough and might be playing for themselves, a bit.

4 Likes

Same old covid. Probably have a poor June followed by it limping into spring to then dramatically fizzle to nothing.

Is this info updated daily?
Haven’t found anything like this before.

2 Likes

That’s a long timeline.

If he spent two weeks in quarantine he gets out on April 4th. Do they test you on the way out of quarantine?

1 Like

Stick ‘em in a two-metre-long wooden box.

2 Likes