COVID-19 - Round 4 - diseaseologists welcomed

There is always someone willing to go a step further.

Pretty sure that we’ve. Identified a hole in the Swiss cheese. 14 days isn’t long enough…

(I read that Swiss cheese reply, but had no idea of why I asked the question, and tracking back I couldn’t work out how the analogy fitted with the previous discussions…oh well…anyway, Mrs Frosty loves air crash investigation. But I generally hate it and can’t watch it)

3 Likes

Jacinda starting to put down some direction regarding reopening pubs.

4 Likes

It’s pretty lame though. Seated only, with table service and social distancing in place. Sure a beer would be great but it’s not going to be the same for awhile yet.

You would definitely take the option to do so in the meantime.

1 Like

Fauci (or maybe it was another medical expert) was talking a week ago that the virus sticks around in certain areas a little while longer once you’ve tested negative. I think for memory it was in the nasal passage. But he wasn’t sure if it meant you were still infectious. He seemed to think it stays dormant.
Sounded odd, but it hasn’t been mentioned again since. It’s something they are probably still studying.

2 Likes

Hooters could find themselves in a big share of the alcohol serving marketplace.

3 Likes

Wait, so the plan is that people will bring you a drink AND you don’t have to interact with strangers at all?

I think this is an improvement on what we had, and should become the new normal.

9 Likes

That’s a long time between arriving and getting symptoms!

We would however be grateful for the opportunity.

And should @blummers32 suggestion get traction, then that would be a pleasant bonus.

The only Hooters I remember was on the Gold Coast twenty years ago.
I don’t think it went any further than that. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s closed.

That’s the new norm. Will ■■■■■■■ take it though.

How’s Janinda going to stage 2. BANG!

All the pubs will be hipster pubs. Cans only, probably won’t do glass.

1 Like

What an idiot that golden woke girl mother of dragons is! Went too hard and now the punters may actually be able to go to the pub. Economy! Stimulus!

1 Like

It’s the Gold Coast mate, of course it’s still there.

4 Likes

Yep.
Crazy idea to go for elimination.
Now where is my NZ passport…?

lawry in shambles

Don’t need a passport for the NT.

Very good!

I picture his first visit to his father in law kind of being like the end of Sixth Sense. Him just sitting there, drinking a beer, talking to an empty chair about how much of an a-hole Daniel Andrews is

5 Likes

That’s my worry - they may let in a bunch of folk from Sictoria

3 Likes

If only someone around here had mentioned this elimination thing earlier

1 Like