COVID-19 Round 9 - vax on, vax off

I’m fairly sure the head of A_Z said just yesterday they’d be redoing a phase three clinical trial.

1 Like

You sum up my thoughts on this exactly.

The only problem with this thinking is that the cost to the economy of too many people refusing the vaccine, if/when it arrives, is too great. They need most people to be compliant, because if most people aren’t, the cost of maintaining all the mitigations we have now will be too great. So what will happen then is that the vaccine would become “as mandatory as possible”. The government would keep increasing the things we wouldn’t be able to do without a vaccine, until the majority of people complied.

Once the majority accept the vaccine, then a small percentage of people objecting, for whatever reason, won’t be an issue for anyone but themselves.

1 Like

I want to be that NT chief minister guy that nobody knows the name of

He’s no Dr Nick Riviera

1 Like

And he gets paid the big bucks to come up with the same advice I give Blitzers free.

5 Likes

The Federal Dept of Agriculture has considerable expertise in policies and protocols for animal and plant quarantine at the national border. It is risk assessment based according to entry establishment and spread, economic and health consequences etc. Some products are banned, others subject to quarantine treatment, rules aplied according to risks in different regions of foreign countries. They work closely with State and Terriitory quarantine experts.
In general, once a product clears the national border, State regulations take over.for animals and plants.
The Federal Health Department should have prime carriage for managing the movement and treatment of international arrivals of humans at the national border, in cooperation with the States. It needs to develop expertise in management.- but in this pandemic it has delegated administration to Agriculture and Borderforce (Immigration). It is a matter for Hunt’s portfolio.

2 Likes

What if Essendon won back to back premierships in the next 5 years?

I haven’t ever ruled that out…

1 Like

bullshit. There’s only one person you want to be.

1 Like

How about next 2 years?

Richmond went 3 in 4 after finishing 13th and losing their last game by 15 goals…

Yeah, I’m happy to rule out back to back in the next two years! :laughing:

Well, it only took over a little of 3 months for Victoria to go from around 9k active cases to zero. All along Dan said it was possible to achieve this.

1 Like

Then we just need Dan to tell Essendon supporters we can win back to back in three years. Dan will make it happen. Jump on board Mr Andrews.

1 Like

Ain’t going to go with increase IQ

1 Like
4 Likes

The “Hubei Spicy Lung” is up there with “Scotty from Marketing” and “Hot Mess Gladys”.

2 Likes

Hunt portfolio has carriage for international health and aged care. No plans for managing the Covid specifics of these.
Feds also have carriage for international transport - which portfolio is managing this on getting Australians home, including quarantine facilities?

1 Like

Steve on now ABC 24.
12k+ tests
Border restrictions against Vics lifted 1 December.
Easing of hospitality restrictions. You can also have big funerals, dance at weddings. Community sport back. Masks required if social distancing can’t be maintained.
Have asked for suspension of international arrivals until 7 December.
No new cases today .31 cases linked to Parafield cluster, 23 active cases.

2 Likes

McClown says congrats on meeting our criteria but stiff ■■■■, border stays closed.

*it’s not open if people have to quarantine in a hotel or any other ■■■■■■■ place you ■■■■ clown.

2 Likes

Serious?