COVID-19 - Stay The F**k Home, says Dictator Dan

It’s Stay the Funk Home

So you don’t have to make the mortgage payments on your negatively geared investment property, but the tenant living in it still has to pay you rent. Sounds fair to me.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Yep it’s kinda ■■■■■■ that bit isn’t it.

1 Like

I think it is on the condition that it is passed on to tenants in financial difficulties

:rofl:

Frankston City Council have reopened beaches for a LIMITED number of activities.

They can now be used as:

• a thoroughfare
  • a place to walk, run and swim.
  • a place to walk dogs (on applicable beaches)

There are NO life saving patrols on the beach. You should not be swimming for fun.

Remember, you can only do these things with one other person or members of your household.

Just when the numbers are coming down… Humans. Unfathomable.

2 Likes

This is the problem, what is the solution?
Stay in lock down and induce an economic cardiac arrest or … what?

It quite obvious our society has struggled with this brief lockdown.

If we go back to business as usual we most likely get a italy/Spain like infection rate and probably end up with economic ruin anyway and a whole bunch of dead and damaged people. Is that what awaits us if we relax our measures?

Can we strike a balance somewhere between the lockdown measures and economic functioning and retain control of the infection rate.

Bit of a precarious tight rope to walk.

We need some effective treatments or a vaccine As soon as possible.

3 Likes

There is a huge gap between normality and what we have here in Melbourne.

It’s just half a step back. Bring ourselves inline with QLD or SA.

1000 DHHS staffers were reassigned today to try and find hidden carriers in the community.

I can gather with 10 people at someone’s house in South Australia, as long as we have the 4sqm between us.

5 Likes

someone took a big dose of Henry’s pills

That doesn’t sound acceptable under the guidelines.

Are you???

just giving a real world example

Tassie not as hard lockdown as VIcs., not as lax as south Aussies

• but could go get groceries on the way there and say were delivering them to a elderly person.
  • or walk over there and count it as my daily exercise.

Victoria seems a bit mental.

Not video games, you can do a puzzle though.

2 Likes

i’d like to see them develop a location app on phones very much the way China have.
They can test it with the current active people now who are still working.

It’ll mean we give away some privacy rights, but it’ll also mean when an outbreak occurs and you’ve been in close proximity of someone in that outbreak, you’re aware you may have been at risk of contracting the virus.
I’m sure there’ll be some errors that come about, but if we’re ever to do anything like what the chinese are doing, we’ll be better prepared for it.

2 Likes

It averaged 490 post per day from The Ant

7 Likes

Clearly talking about the very fine clothing label.
Just because we’re isolated at home, doesn’t mean we can’t look and smell good !

IMG_3996

1 Like

Frankston will ■■■■ this up for sure!!!

This will be the reason Stage 3 stays in place for a lot longer than it should.

The sooner Stage 3 can be lifted, the quicker the retail sector can get back on it’s feet.

Not sure Frankston Council can make it’s own rules and trump State mandated Laws?? :thinking:

Quite possibly bullshit.

Surfing is now allowed under social distancing conditions.

1 Like