Cricket Part II

You know we are really struggling when people are happy that Maxwell may come in

2 Likes

Actually not overly happy he is coming in, just happy Marsh wonā€™t be.

2 Likes

Butā€¦ Paine IS in.

1 Like

Seems as if Warner and Marsh are right to go. Wouldā€™ve been amusing to see Maxwell in given his last knock he made 1 for Fitzroy-Doncaster against Essendon at Windy Hill in a T20 game last Saturday! Looking at the teams both have serious question marks, but at least our guys play well in Australia, their issues are more away from home. England have got Stoneman (Test ave 30), Vince (19) and Malan (23) in their top six. None of our boys have such feeble records overall in their careers, albeit Bancroft is a new cap. Personally I canā€™t see how this England team will take 20 Australian wickets in our conditions, and conversely their batting is quite poor and our quicks should sort them out. A 5-0 result would not surprise, but 4-1 could be a possibility as well given Adelaide and the pink ball probably represents Englandā€™s best chance of victory in the series.

2 Likes

England won toss and will bat, no surprise with their decision, but the real surprise is that Root has facial hair! Who knew?

1 Like

If someone could come up with an app that syncs perfectly with the ABC radio and the television coverage, I would pay good money for it. Another summer of Mark Nicholarse might be too much to bear.

Not unhappy we are bowling. Take a few early poles and get right into their faces. That top 3 is garbage. If we get get Root in at two for not many, it could really open them up.

@BLOODSTAINED_DEVILS does this for the footy, he uses something.

1 Like

Hopefully our quicks can rattle a few cages this morning. Some very inexperienced English bats need to be exposed and this could set up the series for us.

1 Like

I use it for the Cricket too. ABC call is far better.

I would also pay good money for it,ā€¦ but as Iā€™ve said before,ā€¦ itā€™s the best free thing youā€™ll ever get as a sportsfanā€¦

https://www.daansystems.com/radiodelay/

1 Like

Well they have a nice greentop to work off apparently.

Gabba is pretty flat these days, pitch would of had a haircut overnight aswell. Perfect to bat on, the colour of the pitch quite often means little. Would of loved us to bat first and pole on the runs but hopefully we can knock a couple over in the first half hour. Good cloud cover around which helps

Do you output the sound elsewhere? I seem to be looping it (so i get the normal commentary + delayed).

Onya bike lad

2 Likes

On ya bike, Cook!

Edit: Jinx!

1 Like

Starcā€™s the man!

1 Like

Hazlewood consistanly above 140 - it looks as though heā€™s added some extra pace to his repertoire. Heā€™s going to be a real handful if he keeps this up!

Looks like a good toss to win, pitch has no demons and not excessively quick. England must cash n.

I do, (stereo via speaker out), but you dont have to, it can of course run through comp spkrs. You need to bring up your soundcard & mute the 1st input.(Playback Volume)ā€¦ Line In.

EG:

Ah so you use an external radio source input to your PC.

If you stream the audio and playback on the pc speakers it loops! :slight_smile: