Cricket Part II

It was obvious Maxwell would not be considered. For whatever reason he’s out of favor and it’s difficult to come back from there. Ask Dean Jones.

1 Like

My comment was in response to your “whole two weeks” comment about the BBL. He’s played 5 BBL innings that you were insinuating is an insignificant portion.
I am saying that you are being a tad hypocritical when you keep bringing up his Shield form. He played well in what, 3 matches? You can’t have it both ways.

Was merely stating White is a fine fielder himself, not that Maxwell wasn’t. He’s great at it.

You, wob, and Speedy were saying he was not picked based on domestic form
I pointed out he’s the leading run scorer in Shield this year.
At that point BBL had only just started, (2 or 3 weeks in), and he missed out on runs in the first 2.
The 5 innings is entirely your story.

White has good hands, Maxwell is one of the best in the country.

And the world.

Everyone knows my thoughts on Maxwell but even I think he is a touch stiff. Just remember though there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than is leaked to the media. Rub the right people the wrong way and it’s a long way back

1 Like

I must have missed this. But I’m assuming be the rest of the post that you’re not a fan

Not sure Smith commenting on Maxwell’s unconventional batting the other day makes sense seeming as Smith himself bats like a nutcase. If it works, it works.

4 Likes

Khawaja is in some form!

I’ve been one of his biggest critics but I do believe he should be atleast in the squad of the current ODI side. If there is even a hint of truth to some of the stories I’ve heard then it’s hardly surprising he isn’t playing though

Any chance you can elaborate on any of the stories?

No. Never said that.

Just clashes between him and other players and allegedly having a decent crack at Boof

4 Likes

Boot retires in 18 months so I guess we won’t see him before then? Hang on, Langer will probably be coach and he has s ‘no dickheads’ policy at the Warriors.

RIP The Big Show.

1 Like

My thoughts are that White should be picked for T20 cricket - T20 cricket seems to suit the mature players more and White is in good form - And Australia is ordinary in T20 cricket.

By that token, Marsh Major should be relegated to T20…

Very few of the current Aussie line up gets on well with Maxwell. Boof really doesn’t like him. Boof was a larrikin but he was professional in how he went about cricket, he thinks Maxwell is a larrikin but is very unprofessional in how he goes about cricket.

that was some video game mode ■■■■ right there. couldn’t miss.

Maxy lives in the Essendon area (Aberfeldie I think), as does Finchy. The president of the club I play for knows both blokes well and sees them often at The Union in Ascot Vale for a few drinks. He said Maxy is a good bloke one-on-one to have a beer with, but for whatever reason he doesn’t fit in in a team environment. Finchy is an all-round good bloke, probably the reason why he’s been kept in the team despite probably having a worse season with the bat than Maxy. It’s how he responds from here being firstly omitted from the Test team, not called up when Handscomb was dropped, then not selected in the ODI squad and not drafted in once Lynn was injured. Hopefully he fights for his place and responds in the right way, but he could also decide to pack in International cricket and become a T20 gun for hire. Financially he’d do pretty well out of that…

1 Like