Cricket Part II

I think it’s funny that they played badly enough to be worthy of mention in that statement

Don’t think that holds up, probably 100 countries would count soccer as a favoured sport; but (counting the Windies as one) about 6 would put cricket.
Rugby Union has the same thing at world cup time, there’s NZ, then about 4-5 other countries, and then however many also-rans you want to invite.
It’s always a balance of giving smaller/newer/less fortunate nations a sporting shot, and watching Namibia lose by 4000. The prior cricket world cup didn’t quite get it right. I thought, anyway; and I reckon this thread was largely leaning that way.

That and the efforts of Dale Steyn in the knockout round vs the Kiwis have absolutely stuck with me. Takes a while to live down that sort of effort.

Do yourself a favour, pal, and ignore any post I ever post EVER. PLEASE!!

THE BAD MAN DROPPED THE BALL FROM ABOUT 90CM HIGH AND IT ALMOST HIT ME.

1 Like

Seriously Pal, do you hang out here to ■■■■ people off or what. I can’t block you AGAIN, unfortunately, but I promise never to respond to your bile again.
Over to you for the last word.

Well I just can’t actually believe anyone’s upset by a person they don’t know dropping a fairly small object right next to another person they don’t know. You can get as upset as you want about that. It’s just not credible.

Report my post/s to the mods if you really are upset.

1 Like

Pal.

And there it is…

Obviously calling him a sook after a heap of constant verbals. And in the end DK fired back with something he knew would hit the mark

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/cricket/australia/warners-revealing-sledge!668142

IMO game done for day, whats it going to achieve now with zero balls to be bowled. We smashed them in that session. Just get off the field and shut the fark up Warner

1 Like

I’m confused…
Is that not the sort of thing that’s said all the time?
Am I supposed to be going tsk tsk tsk if Anderson calls Marsh a ■■■■■■■ sook?

Really?
What even is this?

And nor am I following the arc here.
What…’you’re a ■■■■■■■ sook.’
‘Oh yeah? Well your wife…’

I need some help here.

Australia are terrible bully boys when they win, and bad losers when they lose, and the fact they only sledge when they are winning and/or losing is proof of this.
It’s not hard to understand.

3 Likes

Give me Warner’s anger any day rather than the SA squealing, apparent false accusations and denial. They like to deny the obvious, with a track record for so doing.
Is Ian Chappell a hypocrite?

LOL
Just slightly.

No holding back from Davey.

Candice does have a very rich history and many, many many very public relationships.

If it is back with Marsh, Lillee and Chappell were playing they would have had a field day, and the sledges would have memorable.

Hope SA double down and go even harder at him in the 2nd test.

4 Likes

The old exchange between Rod Marsh and Ian Botham:

RM: So how’s your wife and my children?
IB: Wife is fine, kids are retarded.

4 Likes

Tongue was in cheek.

What would that look like?
Throwing the ball at Smith’s head this time, and then complaining when someone hits the ball near a fielder too hard?

I’ll never forget Graeme Smith’s first test against us. Stump mikes were up. Smith chirping away in the slips when he’d never faced a ball in Test cricket, then sooking like a little child when it came back at him.

Typical South Africans. Also typical Warner (and McGrath too).

4 Likes