Cricket Part II

Well that went down well

3 Likes

Good to see you showing some respect on International Women’s Day. Your comment disgusts me.

9 Likes

David?

1 Like

Nah.
If you wanna call Warner a tool then go right ahead, but…just nah.
That post is pretty rank, in any context.

2 Likes

Yeah its a bit rude

2 Likes

SA v Tas is turning out a little like Vic NSW

SA need 50 odd but 8 down…Head still there on 125 with Winter on 14

SA lost Ferguson and Weatharald in the first 7 balls of the day. Rainbird then went for 15 off the rest of the second over…3 4’s and a 3 all through 3rd to 5th slips, none intentional.

Another 15 off Fekete…Head 136 and Winter 20

12 off Rainbird…Head 144 and Winter 23

19 to win…3 leg byes and a run to Head

Head caught at second slip off Rainbird for 145

Worrall 4 play and misses off Bird in a row

17 to win

All over…Winter bowled by Bird for 25

Bird 4, Rainbird 3 and Fekete 2

2 Likes

So if a single female has an active sex life you consider her a ■■■■■? Do you consider men with active sex lives whores or are they just studs sowing their wild oats?

You sir are a flog.

6 Likes

Trav tried to drag us over the line but the useless top order was our downfall once again

making Tasmania jump to 2nd on the ladder and Vics down to 3rd

I will concede that was not my finest effort. In fact nowhere near it. Probably closer to the bottom of the pile to be honest.

But I sir am not a flog. Merely an average man who had a floggish moment.

4 Likes

You’ve got to kiss a lot of frogs before you find Prince Charming

3 Likes

Warner losing his nut like that is pretty similar to McGrath many years back with Sarwan(?). Pretty sure it was a wife comment then too.

If you needle someone long enough they will eventually shoot back.

2 Likes

I swear that these ex-players have incredibly short memories and rose coloured historical glasses. What are the old “good” manners he is referring to? All I know was when Kerry was playing the good manners were worse than what gets said now. And Lillee and Thomson were just as good at a send off as anyone today is.

I will say that the Aussies need to change their behaviour, that is not in question for me. They are one of the worst at being involved in ugly spats (even though RSA lead the way in demerit points for bad behaviour).

"I think the day is close that a red card will be justified. People will be sent off because cricket has to regain its manners, it’s now an ill-mannered game and unfortunately we are at the forefront of that. Our manners on the field are terrible.

"Rather than just accept it was a great bit of fielding, David Warner just attacked Markram thinking he’d get under his skin.

“We’ve got to rediscover our manners.”

Also from Ian Chappell “Botham is a ■■■■” and “Piers Morgan, you’re a ■■■■■■■■”.

Great manners.

Which of course has nothing to do with sledging, just you having a go at Chapell.

God-damn cricket writers are full of ■■■■.

If Warney can keep the dressing room incident to himself for fifteen years, then this newbie can cop ‘you’re a ■■■■■■■ sook.’

Tell you what, say the same thing about my wife…if there’s an empty pot near me you’ll be picking bits of glass out of your face for a week.

1 Like

I’m quoting him verbatim.

I know. But they are off field opinions not on field sledges. Very different things.

And very true.

1 Like

But they are irrelevant comments in a discussion about sledging.