Cricket Part II

Why should Australia change the way they play the game? It’s served us well for 20 years. We were unbeatable for most of it. The best teams don’t necessarily play in the most gentlemanly manner and I’d hate for us to be a bunch of b*tches on field just to try and make good for all those past players that rock back and forth in their chairs thinking of the beating they copped. And I’d say that goes for basically every sport. The best teams are usually the best because they dominate not just int he sport but mentally also, they dominate your will. Lions in their heyday had you beat upstairs before they walked the field, it’s about intimidation and the sport itself is usually mastering the mind. If you can handle things said about yourself then maybe find another sport, like lawn bowls or golf where talking is not permitted.

In my personal opinion, sledging about: their sh*t average, game style, shot making, looks etc is fair game. Trying to distract them by talking about random things, or laughing hysterically when they play and miss is fair game.
Talking about someone’s wifes/kids/family members are not. I think if you’re gonna get personal just stick to the player batting, not their family. It’s pretty simple really.

I’m honestly loving the sooking from all these opposition fans about the mean old aussies. Meanwhile, we’ll keep winning and you focus on buying some soft Kleenex to wipe your eyes with. Ando n a random note, no one is more butthurt than the Indians. My god do they have a chip on their shoulder from years of torment.

3 Likes

Australia have won the toss and are batting

Australia won the toss and will bat!

Ngidi replaces Morkel

As I suggested earlier this week Morkel has been dumped for Ngidi. Interesting to bat with a bit of rain about. Might be good conditions to bowl in.

Once the ball gets soaked it can negate any movement so get through the first 10-15 overs and batting might get easier

1 Like

Crowd looks poor again…SA not turn up to watch?

Aus batting pretty smartly considering the conditions. No silly shots. Just smart cricket

Warner opening up now.
Lol at Faf, Warner hits 4 through point so Faf removes 3rd slip and puts him at deep ball. Very next ball nicked through the vacant third slip at a very catchable height for 4

2 Likes

That early in a Test your primary concern should be wickets. Anyone who takes out a slip and then subsequently has a nick pass into the vacant gap deserves what they get. Bancroft grinding away too, still not convincing but he just has to graft out an innings.

Yep, really dome cricket from Faf. SA don’t look like they have any answers at all on how to break this partnership

As usual, a wicket right on the break. Not sure Bancroft needed to play at that.

And the partnership broken on the stroke of lunch. Bancroft sparring at one outside off, gone for 38 bucking behind, Philander the bowler.

I was coming here to post “STFU you stupid band”… but damn, Bancroft.

Do we fly Renshaw over for the next test? Bancroft did a good job but got out at the worst possible time.

Dumcroft. Needs to be way smarter with his shot selection.

And what is it about the last over before a break? Is the food so good that they all want to tuck in early?

Not the first time they’ve capitulated at the end of a season.

Excellent session in the scheme of test cricket though.

Given the emotion and circumstances 38 is worth 60 and 50 worth 80.

1 Like

Bancroft cements his spot in the side for another two years with a scratchy 38.

Still better than Usman is going

1 Like