Cricket Part II

By dismissing the opposition?

Haha yeah of course. But I am more referring to a road where the batting team bats on and on. Anyway I am sure it doesn’t matter in the overall scheme.

1 Like

The points are to push sides to get a result, and reward attacking play.

1 Like

I like how du Plessis suggested what Warner did was worse than Rabada.

Firstly, what Warner did, whether provoked or not, would never have seen the light of day had not SA released the CCTV.

Secondly, what Rabada did was seen by everyone with a TV.

1 Like

du Plessis was also conveniently ignoring the past offences of the two. The different sentences were because of those past actions and sanctions. That he could say it with a straight face and not be challenged on it tells you the standard of journalism involved.

2 Likes

Also Rabada actually make contact with Smith.

Warner yelled some things and held back by a teammate. Obviously if he got to De ■■■■ and did something stupid you would imagine he too rightly would’ve copped a fairly lengthy suspension as well.

Maybe Faf should take it upon himself as Captain to make a beeline straight to Rabada whenver he takes a wicket to tell him to pull his ■■■■■■■ head in.

2 Likes

Philander now saying that the Rabada incident was Smith’s fault for not getting out of the way.

state of play in shield games

If Victoria win and QLd lose, could they go to top of table.

There is a fair gap. Reckon they may just bat and bat for first innings points which would be enough to make the final.

although at 2/37 that seems a long way off

at 4- 56 it’s even further away

Fekete has Farketed the Vics with 3 wickets

lol. Foxsports live score is obviously not very live. Thought you were talking hypotheticals.

Smith was certainly thinking cmon kg please make contact you know you want to
but he also wanted to make 200 and wanting something and doing it are different things mr philander.

1 Like

lunch times scores

Boon’s scored more test runs than all but 8 of about 430 Australians to get a cap.
it’s unrealistic to expect every generation to be an all-time great generation.

1 Like

No. QLD booked in a home final last round.
Vic v Tas v NSW battling for 2nd.

Best no.3 between Chappell and Ponting.
That’s a long time.

Not true.
Was still a possibility of Tasmania or Victoria hosting the final heading into the last round.
Vics missed out by 1 ball on getting an extra 0.5 today so they are now out but Tasmania can still mathematically host the final.
Live ladder:
QLD 47.87
Tasmania 40.55
Victoria 40.11

6 of the top 12 - Ponting, Hayden, Hussey, Langer, Gilchrist & Clarke played in the same side at one point.
I’m early 30s, and I’ve seen the whole careers of half of Australia’s top 20 run-scorers; and big chunks of another 3.

An extraordinary run: and has absolutely spoiled people’s expectations.

If you’re lucky you get a Ponting/SSmith type and a Warner/Boon type.

3 Likes