Cricket Part II

How do you know that’s the truth?

Smith spoke truthfully and genuinely and has won back the fans.

Warner just repeated the same
Answer.

But keep carrying if you need to.

That would of been fabulous, only coz every media person would of had a coronary. :grinning:

(I haven’t seen the presser yet)

haven’t seen any of the pressers, don’t really care to, the over reaction is just downright pathetic.

All i’ll say on warner however, just remember this the next time you see how here someone slagging off Hird or essendon over the drug ■■■■.

no matter what one says or does, if people don’t like you, they aren’t going to believe you or like what you do, no matter what.

the general consensus on this site for awhile now is dislike for warner, so he could literally spend the rest of his life saving babies from war torn countries, and the people in here or in general who don’t like him, will continue to not like him.

5 Likes

Something I think is being…not missed, but downplayed through all this, is the way the media has been used as a weapon during this series.
And on that, not sure how quite to say this, but Australia did exactly the same thing to England when they toured here.
I guess I didn’t really see how destructive it is until Australia were on the end of it.

There have been a lot of self-justifying articles written over this series, one of which actually said ‘see how exciting we’ve made this series?’

I’m not sure if I have an actual point here.
The media aren’t going to stop.
I guess it’s cricket teams shouldn’t use the media to break teams.
Which sounds kinda lame…

5 Likes

Lehmann - tears, Smith - tears, and now Warner - tears

Do these guys all take advice from the same spin doctor?

1 Like

You have hit the nail on the head wim. The Australian media did the exact same thing to England during the ashes. Hell even Candice warner had a pop at Ben Stokes before the series.

There is zero sympathy from me now that the shoe has been on the other foot both in SA and now back in Australia.

Just on actual cricket for a moment, these constant lower leg/ foot injuries to Starc must be a massive worry. All bowlers put heaps of pressure on their front leg, but Starcs action seems particularly "heavy"through the crease.

Yeah, I’m going a bit further than that.
I’m saying the host nations actually worked with their media.

1 Like

Or maybe they are hurting and tears are natural to hurting people? Not everyone is a cold fish.

5 Likes

Because CA are poor managers and lack courage and conviction - And because the PUBLIC demand everything is their business.

I will go into bat for Warner here.
It was good presser for someone who is going to appeal (which he didn’t say but it is obvious by what he said that is what he going to do IMO).

Say you’re sorry then say nothing else that will prejudice or inform the appeals board (CAS) of what his line of appeal would be.

I thought people would have learnt from our saga that you are better off playing with a straight bat and letting proceedings take place. He will have his say one day but this is far from over

9 Likes

Agree but don’t ask for questions if you have no intention of answering them.

What Warner was scripted to say and what he might have wanted to say:
CA intervention has brought down three cricketers, a coach and their families. Where was the CA intervention when my family was being denigrated on and off the field?

3 Likes

Great journalism from the Supersport team. They got a tip from inside the SAF camp and broke the biggest cricket story since Bodyline. I have no problem with what they did, it’s their job.

England bowled out for 307 in Christchurch earlier today and would have been feeling rather chipper when they had the Kiwis 5/36 in reply, but de Grandhomme (72*) and Watling (76*) have put together a great partnership to have NZ at 4/178 nearing stumps on Day 2.

And as soon as I post that Broad (4/33) gets de Grandhomme.

That’s one way of looking at it.

1 Like

Damn good recovery to get from 5/36 to 4/178!

5 Likes

Yes… miraculous, even. :grinning:

I’m so sick of my fat thumb.

Was someone pulling a rip cord at the back of his jacket?

1 Like