Cricket Part II

Thought it might have missed leg myself…at best umpire’s call.

Hawkeye often “proves me wrong (ahem)” though.

12th man has described this pitch before. It’s an aboslute motherf*****

Warner goes.

Looked clueless against Ashwin today

1 Like

If we reach their score on this pitch I’ll be ■■■■■■■ astounded,

Must admit I wouldn’t have complained if that lbw on Smith had been given out.

Who was the guy who used to get outraged if any Aussie captain was given lb if it wasn’t hitting the bottom 3 inches of middle?

How is anyone supposed to score when this pitch is only going to get worse?

1 Like

Test cricket at it’s best, good bowling, watchful batting, huge pressure and sledging (in good spirits).

It’s not a flat pitch but not impossible to bat on if you’re good enough. India have bowled brilliantly this morning an could have had a few more wickets. It’s a difficult pitch but give credit to some tight and great bowling this morning. Kholi well and truly knows the whole series could hinge on today and is doing everything to upset us. Smith could have been out about 4/5 times if he wasn’t so watchful. I wonder if it’s worth doing a Starc style slog for 30-50 quick runs.

2 Likes

Garbage.
They had grubbers on the first day.
The pitch is an absolute disgrace, and Bradman would go for a duck to a ball that hits the right area.
Joke of a pitch.

1 Like

If India keep dishing this type of wicket up, I dare say they will continue to be fined and eventually someone will do something about it.

District B Grade would have called the game off halfway through the first day.

The something being the BCCI changing the rules?

Bradman would of still made a ton on this pitch, he played on far worse than this pitch. He played in the good old days of uncovered pitches where they played on wet sticky pitches where the ball often ran along the ground

Renshaw finding Umesh unplayable.

I can see why the umpire gave Smith the benefit. Clipping the top of leg? That’s going to be given not out more often than not.

No way was that clipping anything except the air. Hawkeye is crap.

Meanwhile Renshaw is finding this really hard, he is struggling to get to anything and most of his score is coming from edges. I hope he survives and gets past 50, it will set him up nicely.

1 Like

Smith is gone.
The door is wide open for a collapse.

Best thing about this test so far is no Warne in the commentary box.

4 Likes

The thing that scares me the most is that we need both Marsh’s to contribute. God help us.