Cricket Part II

Thinks its pretty fair to say we should have probably scratched the rest of the series.

No way , sorry

Well done Australia on the day’s play. We broke even, but SA still clearly in the ascendency overall. Paine leading the way with the bat and overcoming the difficulty with an injured thumb.

It was a joke.

1 Like

Lyon bowled some absolute jaffa’s and on another day could easily have had 3 or 4 wickets.

As is the way with cricket, when things aren’t quite going your way, nothing at all seems to go your way.

We’re miles behind in the game, but I think we were very good on day 3 without much luck.

I am curious as to why Paine didn’t give M Marsh a bowl though.

1 Like

Maybe his groin is still not quite right.

How has Lyon been so successful without an arm ball?

We should bowl underarm

Agree Tezza as that would rough the ball up quickly and we wouldn’t have to use sandpaper.

Maybe all the players should wear Davey Warner finger tape and write his name, Smith’s and Bancroft’s name on it as a sign of solidarity

So it’s half time at the footy and player X is suggesting to his teammate that they tackle the opposition players so hard - within or outside the rules which would lead to a suspension - the opposition team will be a player or 2 short.

The captain walks in on the conversation and says -
what are you guys plotting…
we’re going to tackle the opposition so hard…
ahh don’t worry I don’t want to know.

I don’t think the captain is considered responsible and he doesn’t get banned for 12 months or lose $4m. This hypothetical is more serious than what happened in the cricket and it seems like what brererton & JBrown used to do regularly.

It’s just sport so why the different standards?

1 Like

NZ have been set 381 to win. I have a feeling we’re going to see a thriller.

1 Like

There would need to be something as serious as match fixing for players in other sports to get penalties as severe as applied to Warner, Smith and Bancroft. That is where CA have erred and you would hope there is a fair process for them to get these reduced. The ICC penalties make it very clear that ball tampering is significantly less than offences that warrant a 12 month ban. Failing to fully investigate during a test which Smith was guilty of, doesn’t even appear to be a specific offence. Looks like CA have just made something up under their catch-all clause.
This looks very much like CA falling over to appease the angry mob which suggests their version of justice belongs in ancient Rome.

3 Likes

NZ can’t win. It’s a draw or England win

Yeah, and I reckon it will go deep into Day 5.

Why are SAF still batting. Faf puffing up his stats to cover up a dud series.

Top catch by Handscomb to dismiss Faf.

I think SA are just making absolutely sure there is no way Aus can win the game. That way even if they draw the game SA still win the series.

Pretty sure Morkel is out for the rest of the game too with an injury

They are probably enjoying grinding Australia into the dust too considering the spiteful ness of the series

The Aussies haven’t had a 100 run partnership all series. This is overkill and people say Steve Waugh used his captaincy to pad his average.

1 Like

You gotta hand it to Cummins, he is still digging in and giving it everything. Just picked up De ■■■■ lbw

4 Likes

I think you are doing the justice in Ancient Rome an injustice there. Maybe a better analogy would be the justice meted out by the Spanish Inquisition (queue Monty Python jokes here) or by the Salem witch hunts.