Cricket Part II

“Brown Nosed Gnome,” ??? Ah Chris, be noice… :rofl:

1 Like

You’re right, I need to be careful, Sutherland might come after me. :grinning:

Matt Renshaw 101 not out on his Somerset debut batting at #3 - Somerset all out for 202.

5 Likes

So C7 has already advised that they have reached out to try and entice Dennis Cometti back into the commentary for the cricket coverage. Now i like Dennis but what made C10’s coverage so good was they went with all young and new comms and it worked really well. Why go back to Dennis?

Thankfully they have hired the guy to head up their coverage who was instrumental in developing 10’s coverage. Hopefully he will bring some much needed change to tests.

2 Likes

Have confirmed that the reason ODIs and T20 internationals can be shown on Foxtel rather than FTA is because the contract is between Channel 7 and Cricket Australia. This means the games can be on sold to Foxtel by 7 on the basis they don’t want to show the matches. Clearly a back to back deal built to get around the anti siphoning rules.

They’ve hired Dave Barham?
Good bloke, and EFC director.

1 Like

Yep, that’s him.

Channel 7 is the eternal old boys club.

They should bring back Happy Hammond.

Tickets booked to spend Christmas back in Oz this year. Boxing Day Test here I come!

5 Likes

Goodbye, Warney and Clarke then!

Now just to bring in Flemo and Punter if available.

Please no Fleming. The guy is about as funny as a fart in a spacesuit. I’d rather listen to Scott Morrison try and be funny than him.

1 Like

“The Corridor of Apprension”

1 Like

Two commentators I do like, although both are on the radio, are Simon Katich and Dirk Nannes.

1 Like

Me too. I like the ABC ‘special comments’ team. Chris Rogers is another oneI like listening to.

2 Likes

I think Rogers has a gig as a coach at one of the institutes.

The Kat is good at anything he does. Would have loved him him to put his hand up for the coaching gig

2 Likes

Katich is probably the best cricket commentator going around

Nannes is pretty damn good too

2 Likes

Another brilliant knock from Renshaw overnight - 112 off 99 balls in Somerset’s 216 all out. Yorkshire bowled out for 96 in reply. He must have been batting on a different pitch!

3 Likes