Cricket Part II

Laxman played one of the best shots I’ve ever seen against Warne. I hold him in high regard.

XI of players I’ve seen (started taking an interest in cricket in 1998)

Sehwag
Hayden
Tendulkar
Lara
de Villiers
Kallis
Gilchrist
Warne
Akram
Steyn
McGrath

Poms against Pakistan at Lords.

Poms 3-68 with Cook on 45 and Bairstow 7

Stoneman, Root and Malan out cheaply (6 or less)

Tendulkar and AB before Ponting? Interesting

Wasn’t an easy choice.

Tendulkar is technically the best batsman I’ve seen, and I love how de Villiers plays the game. He can bat in any situation, in any format, and dominate.

Punter was very hard to leave out. Probably the hardest.

Cook looks as good as he has in a long time.

Probably since that concrete slab 200 in late December last year.

Pretty good 11. Who would be captain?

Pakistan with a duke ball in England can be just lethal. Or top order hasn’t been very good for a long time

Going left field, Warne. Best cricket brain of any of them, if you ignore his off-field stuff.

A NEW documentary will air allegations that match fixers corrupted a groundsman who helped prepare the pitch for an Australia Test match in Sri Lanka two years ago.

The Australian newspaper has reported that broadcaster Al Jazeera is set to release a documentary airing allegations that the pitch used for the 2016 Test match Australia lost in two and a half days in Galle had been doctored by criminals.

It shows how gutless the ICC are (and also CA) where India can reject a test playing condition (under lights) because of significant disadvantage yet we see a pitch as bad as that and say nothing.

2 Likes

Also Fleming confirmed to move to channel 7 cricket commentary.

And before anyone bags him or some of the channel 9 commentators, have a listen to Darren Sammy and Dean Jones on star sports 1. They are ■■■■■■■ terrible, yes worse than Slater.

Can they please sign some up some non Australian commentators?

3 Likes

What? Like KP?

Dunno. Just want more international opinions as opposed to constant Aussie voices.

Get bumble

1 Like

They have picked up Vaughn, KP and the female commentator everyone likes.

Anyone from Asia?

Harsha Bhogle would be good but I think he’s on ABC

That female one is a shocker (the one from triple M?) How does anyone like her? Shes the pom version of Slater