Cricket Part II

Tim Lane? Wtf kmn

Would love to see BT do a bbl, think it’d be worth a giggle

Most important thing though is how they are directed by their producers and the like.

oh my… i didn’t even notice his name when i read through the list. Why Tim Lane…just why!

1 Like

This will be the key above all else. If they let them talk cricket and not get hampered by all the blokey garbage- it should be good.

Ponting is usually good at that, Chappelli like

I agree, I like his cricket commentary. I cannot stand his AFL commentary though, especially with WA/SA teams playing. I don’t care about some bloke who dominated the WAFL/SANFL in the 70’s and 80’s.

1 Like

Tim Lane as a ball by ball caller of sport is excellent. His issue is when he puts his opinion forward absolute rubbish comes out.

2 Likes

Tim Lane is one of the nastiest, most smugly superior, condescending excuses for a human being you could ever meet. Absolute turd of a thing.

11 Likes

Just saw Bruce made the comment during an interview with Peter Donagan over the weekend on SEN that he could commentate on cricket on a basic level but he wouldn’t be able to add the insights required like Marsh got out playing the same shot 3 seasons ago. Interesting point to note. Wish he would stick to this with his footy commentary rather than the blokey/matey stuff.

2 Likes

Not disagreeing but his moment to moment commentary of sport is first class. If he sticks with that I will be able to handle it.

I did Spanish classes with a young lady whose widowed mother was walking out with the widowed Tim Lane. I was extremely circumspect in my comments about him (I think I called him a cabrón and a pendejo and even a coño azul). This was 2013 so emotions were high.

They will be, just haven’t settled on anyone yet.

I’m just so happy to not see Basil’s name on the list that I’ll willingly accept everyone else on it without issue.

1 Like

Google Translate really does not like that last one. I know azul is blue, and I’m going to assume the other word may have some anatomical reference?

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s a slang term for frontbottom.

1 Like

If that’s the case I reckon he’ll be decent, probably more an interview style commentary, asking questions of his fellow commentators and the occasional player interview

1 Like

Seven also hired Dirk Nannes.
I like this choice.

3 Likes

Because David Barham is a fan. He called him THE voice of his generation for cricket on the radio.

Tom Gleeson needs to be involved too…at least on the ABC.

ABC radio is going to be cactus unless they can get Adam Collins to go full time.

He’ll go with SEN. Worked with them in South Africa.