Cricket Part II

TBF, I grew up listening to Tim and as a pure commentator he is very good. His personal opinions and outside commentary speaking is pathetic though.

2 Likes

When he was at his best Bruce used to do a lot of research on the game of footy and was able to slot in those little anecdotes seamlessly. He hasn’t been the same since Commetti retired. They complemented each other very well.

1 Like

He hasn’t been good for at least 10 years.

1 Like

Yeah he and Commetti were both going down hill fast. Commetti did the right thing and retire, Bruce held on…deliciously.

2 Likes

Jimmy Maher and Jim Wilson also on board but not noted above.

Bruce might be doing a lunchtime cricket show type thing not so much commentary from what I’ve heard

They both just became caricatures of themselves.

1 Like

Cyril’s retirement could put Bruce right over the edge.

Kerry O’Keeffe has joined FS

South Africa about to get totally poleaxed in Sri Lanka. SL 287 & 190, SA 126 & 9/70

Opened the bowling with 2 spinners…offie’s taken 10

In the first dig they opened with the same pair and had a chinamen first change

Pakistan made 1-399 in an odi v Zimbabwe over night, Fakhar Zaman first Pakistani to break 200, finishing 210 no

My kids favourite player!
They love telling me that some Fakhar from Pakistan hit a 6

1 Like

His mother must have been pleased.

Mother Fakhar!

1 Like

South Africa playing 3 quicks in Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka don’t even bother with one.

Maharaj has taken 11 out of 12 the Jaapies have.

SL 338 & 2/103 vs SA 124

11/13 for Maharaj now with Mendis being run-out.

Sri Lanka with a lead of 365 with seven wickets in hand.

It’s rather telling that neither C7 nor FS wanted Clarke to commentate for them.

1 Like

Isn’t he doing a Bobby Simpson and coming back to captain Australia?

He does that every night.

Not a fan of Kohli generally, but a super innings to score a great hundred against the Poms. His runs are very important for for making a game of it. India 9/226 in reply to England’s 287.

1 Like

Scored 92 of the last 105 runs by the team. Brilliant, ugly knock (was dropped twice I think).

And then England lost Cook before stumps. Test match cricket at its best.

2 Likes