Cricket Part II

Head on a pair, has an lbw review, looked to be sliding down and confirmed.

Whew!

Stumps at 3-136 with Khawaja on 50 and Head 34

Khawaja has played really well in this match. Finally showing something outside of Australia which is very timely but most likely to be futile. Finch has also made a solid and somewhat surprising start to his test career.

We lost this test in the first innings.

We lost this test when we selected the Marsh brothers at 3 & 4

There is (rightly) a lot of focus on Maxwell’s tour non selection. But I’d have Handscombe as probably the best player of spin in the country.As such, how he’s not in the squad for this tour, I have no idea.

He had pretty average form on the Aus A tour.

Then came home and hit 4 x 50s in a row in the JLT, then 49 in the final.

Test Avg 43

Hmm.

Handscombe and Maxwell would definitely be in the top 5 players of spin, Mitch March on the other hand…

Head isn’t too flash against spin either

Maxwell and Handscombe are also two of the best fielders in the country

Don’t mind Labuschagne as a legspinning option tbh

efa

A grand total of 19 runs combined across two innings and a looooonnnngggggg history of underwhelming performances cannot offset the fact that they are from the same state as the new coach and their old man wore the baggy green yonks ago.

i watched mitch marsh years ago in the u/19 and he seemed the answer to our allrounder spot but since then he has lived up to his brothers spasmodic form

Mitch looked a superstar in the making in the U19’s. Proves the jump from Jnr rep cricket to top level is ■■■■■■■ massive!

Usman and Aaron Finch our most adept test batsmen in turning subcontinent conditions…

wot is lyf.

3 players who should be in this side right now:

Renshaw
Handscomb
Maxwell

Didn’t Renshaw get concussed in the warm-up game last week? I’m pretty sure he was going to be in the side until that happened and they decided not to risk him. He’ll be in as soon as he’s fit.

Agree on Handscomb and Maxwell.

And I still don’t know why Paine is in the side, let alone the captain. He’s not the best keeper, keeper/batsman, nor captain available.

Smith
Warner

Reality is nobody put their hands up for the job…

I meant of available players who haven’t been ridiculously banned.

Ridiculous indeed. Clearly should’ve been banned for life and put into stocks for public stoning.

Am I doing it right?