Cricket Part II

That was great stuff.

Saved!

1 Like

Honestly can’t believe they held out. Well done to Australia. Considering how far back in the game they were, that’s as good as a victory.

Amazing test match

Uzman man of match?

Great work. Super start in winning back the Aussie public. Paine demonstrating why he is skipper. Khawaja standing up as our most senior batsmen with very handy innings from
Finch and Head. Super result.

And Paine.
Never batted a decent innings to save.

Khawaja to open from now on, Warner to 3 if/when he comes back let him play the Ponting counter puncher.

Has to be.

timmy paine
they said youd never make it,
this ones made for you.
made for yooooooouu

2 Likes

Reckon Paine might have had @nickyd working some magic for him!

6 Likes

plus half a mil down here.
miss nickyd

1 Like

Paine gets MOM. A cheque for $1200 Aussie!

Amazing that the best batsmen of the match also gets the same cash prize. No award for the best bowler!

1 Like

Someone mentioned a match in the 60s before, but in all my years of watching, I hardly remember us batting out for draws. Always ends in heartbreak or a complete cluster ■■■■ collapse.

I remember one in the ashes 05, where Punter batted for ages and we held on with 9 down and Whitney against Hadlee at the MCG and maybe a match in Perth 15 odd years ago, but that’s it really.

Of course there was Gilly/Langer against Pakistan in Tas, but we won that so it doesn’t count!

Great gutsy effort. What Aus cricket needed after the last few months.

Having said that we will probably find out in 5 years that the match was fixed

2 Likes

Did I ever mention he’s a Tasmanian.
Yes we are still insecure

There was that test in 1998 against South Africa when we batted out the last day for a draw. Mark Waugh hundred and the hit wicket not out controversy

Immense test from Carjacker.

True grit from Paine Train. I knew he had it tho.

1 Like

Ahh yes!!!

Thank you.

Bill and Richie were arguing about it from memory!!!

60/61 draw was in Adelaide I believe.

He has not been one of the most successful FC coaches - and not even particularly close.
Was at WA for 5 seasons I think (not exactly sure when he left, was it after the 16-17 season??), for 2 x 2nd places on the table, and lost both those finals.

Meanwhile Vic have won 3 in that period.
He’s done alright in the limited overs stuff - won 2 of the domestic one day cups with WA. And probably some BBL or something, who knows.